I love this photo of little "C".....in her own little world, doing her thing that she loves to do.......making beautiful beautiful sounds with her violin. She has now been playing for 4 years and those sounds are becoming more sweeter and ever so more rewarding. She practices some afternoons it seems forever, but never do I have to ask her to, which is even sweeter because she loves nothing more than to get each piece just right.....bit of a perfectionist!
For this layout which I have designed for Fabscraps I have used the new collection "Elegant Chic". I am in absolute awe of this new collection. So very adaptable as you can see here. I have titled this "Dream Big".
The Dream Big chipboard title is actually from the previous range "Royal Baby" which I posted last week. It had a little elephant on the side of the words which I have just cut out. All the chipboards here are just delish!!
Here you can see the bird which has been cut from a page of the journal book. This journal book is full of beautiful cut-outs to co-ordinate with this collection of papers.
Above and below here you can see these beautiful Fabscraps Charms. I have simply gessoed this and heat set to sit below the flower. The other charms were also gessoed and cut up and tucked here and there around the flower clusters.
From another angle.....
Here you can see the beautiful beautiful Filigree Flourish Stickers.......gorjus!!
Well that is all from me today. I hope you have enjoyed your visit here. If you would like the materials list and instructions for this layout ......keep scrolling down.
Materials Used for "Dream Big":
- Fabscraps Elegant Chic C71 008 (Honeycomb)
- Fabscraps Elegant Chic C71 007 (Fleur)
- Fabscraps Elegant Chic C71 009 (Chipboard Frame)
- Fabscraps Elegant Chic C71 010 (Chipboard Filigree Long Frame)
- Fabscraps Elegant Chic C70 003 (Chipboard "Dream Big")
- Fabscraps Elegant Chic Filigree Stickers ST71 001
- Fabscraps Elegant Chic Journal Book C71
- Fabscraps Filigree Charms
- Black / Chocolate and Cream Cardstock
- Black and White Photo (Portrait) 4 x 6 inch
- Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder (Twilight Slate Bronze)
- Distress Ink (Old Paper)
- Seam Binding
- Assortment of Flowers and Leaves
- Resin Key
Instructions for "Dream Big":
- Firstly prepare all chipboard pieces and charms. Take chipboards and emboss with Twilight Slate Bronze powder. The centre piece of the frame was done a little differently to give a different texture. What you will need to do is prepare it as you normally would and shake off excess powder but then wipe off more powder to give a very worn look. Once all your chipboards are embossed wipe over with a dry brush of Gesso and leave to dry. You can also wipe over the charms with a good coating of gesso and while you have your brush out dry brush your flowers and leaves a little too.
- Take Black cardstock and cut a photo mat from the centre and distress both pieces heavily. Take chocolate cardstock and distress very heavily. Adhere the chocolate to the black base. Wipe around edges of base with gesso. Do the same for the photo mat. Cut a smaller mat from the cream cardstock and adhere to the black photo mat base. Sand the edges of your photo and adhere to photo mat base.
- Take Fabscraps "Fleur" and trim 1cm from one side and the top. Distress very heavily and ink with a little Old Paper distress ink. If you don't have Old Paper use some that has a green tinge to it. Adhere Fleur to the middle of cardstock base.
- Take "Honeycomb" and cut a rectangular piece measuring 20cm x 29.5cm. Distress heavily and ink top and bottom with Old Paper. Adhere this piece to the centre of layout as shown.
- Take lace - use something small and place back to back at each join on the Honeycomb edges. Adhere using double sided tape. Then run a strip of seam binding over each lace join.
- Mount one half of your photo and adhere to the right top of layout as shown.
- It's time to now start embellishing. Cut your long chipboard frame in half and tuck and the right of the photo coming out from underneath lace as shown. Mount large filigree frame on foam tape and adhere in the centre of long frame and over the side of the photo. Arrange some flowers and a leaf and hang a key from this.
- On the left lower side of layout arrange your flowers to work around the Chipboard frame. Take a little more seam binding and tape it to the back of the centre piece of chipboard. Bring it around in front and tie a bow at the right side. Cut a flying bird from a page in your Journal Book, ink the edges and mount onto some foam tape and adhere to centre of bow. Mount Frame onto foam tape and adhere atop to arranged flowers.Tuck in a little cheesecloth behind seam binding and bird and around flower clusters. Add leaves and sticker flourishes and frame. Cut a Filgree charm in half and tuck in around flower clusters.
- Lastly adhere "Dream Big" title and your layout is now finished.
- Just frame and hang!