Tuesday 7 June 2016

"Loved" - Design Team Creation - Tina Ollett

A very big hello to you and welcome.
It is Tina O here with you today to share my Moodboard inspired creation.
The Dusty Attic's Moodboard this month is another amazing stunner.......see for yourself below.


My interpretation of the moodboard.....

"Loved"

I know that Vintage Styled layouts are not everyone's cup of tea, but every now and again I love to get back to where I first started. And this photo is defintely not a vintage although I do feel a little that way some days...hehehehhe! This is a photo of my Mum holding little ol me .....1971.
There are very little photos of me this little and even less of Mum.....so this is a very very precious photo. One that has been awaiting to be used for such a long long time.


I started out by gutting my first piece of Vintage Romance (Happily Ever After) and then using the gutted reverse I tore sections and layered them over the framework of Happily Ever After and Champagne.



My beautiful Dusty pieces........well I have used a few of my all time favourites here and a new one which I just can't get enough of. It is the Ornament Trim #2......omygoodness.......it just screams elegance wouldn't you agree? When I was playing with this piece I decided to cut the middle section out and save it for a rainy day......but I then saw the heart section in the middle of this. So I then cut it out and have used it on the right side of my layout as another accent as you can see here below.




In my stash I found some gorgeous lace......this was adhered around the framework and also on sections of the inside to give it more depth. I cut the largest of the Tags from Vintage Romance's Love Notes and shortened the framework to sit my photo in. I have wrapped more of the lace around the photo to make it pop a little more.


The Dusty chipboard title "Loved" has been simply dressed in Liquid Pearls.


Ok so probably another of my favourite Dusty Attic chipboard pieces to use is the Leafy Stem # 5 matched with the gorgeous Foliage #2. I wanted to keep within the moodboard colours for this but I also wanted these pieces to stand out a little more so I have gone with a chocolate colour using Ground Espresso Distress Ink and watering it down with Gesso and then spritzing with a little more water to tone it down even more. I did this for all of the leaf pieces. 


I have done some colouring of the background to help the clusters stand out a little more. I used some Gold Crackle Paste again watering it down with gesso.




I so so love using hearts and I have used these ever so gorgeously small Dusty Attic Hearts dressed in liquid pearls. 


If you keep scrolling you will find the complete materials list for this layout.
I hope I have inspired you to have a go at this month's moodboard for The Dusty Attic. Just remember to create something with a little Dusty Attic to be in the running for a $100 Dusty Attic voucher!!!
Until next time happy scrapping and take care.

Tina x

Design Team Member 2016

The Scrapbook Store


Materials Used

Maja Design - Vintage Romance - 12"x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - Happily Ever After
Maja Design - Vintage Romance - Happily Ever After

Maja Design - Vintage Romance - 12"x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - Champagne
Maja Design - Vintage Romance - Champagne
Maja Design - Vintage Romance - 12"x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - Love Notes
Maja Design -Vintage Romance - Love Notes

               Image 1   

Dusty Attic Ornamental Trim #2
Dusty Attic Leafy Stem #5 DA1144
Dusty Attic Foliage #2 DA1292N
Dusty Attic Mini Hearts #2 DA0990C
Dusty Attic Word Pack #33 DA1448
Distress Ink Ground Espresso
Liquid Pearls Platinum
The Scrapbook Store Mini Lily 10 pack (baby blue)
Wild Orchid Lilies (Baby Blue and White)
Gypsophilia Ivory Flowers
Lace Trim
Finnibairs ExtraVagance Gold Crackle Texture Paste
Liquitex Gesso
Twinkling H20's - Ice
Cheescloth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017