Friday 15 April 2022

"Beautiful Heart" iCraft Australia Design Team Creation

 

Welcome back to the iCraft Australia blog.
I hope that your Easter weekend has started off well and finds you spending time with your loved ones and relaxing. Today I am sharing my newest creation which I have titled 

"Beautiful Heart"



I have used the iCraft paper collection called "The Rose World" to create my background. The blue and green striped paper was used against the pretty green with the white baroques. This second piece of patterned paper was rolled to create creases in the papers. I then adhered it to the base paper and ran a sandpaper block over the top to reveal the white core of the paper. 


I also used another piece from this 12 x 12 inch collection pack to cut my beautiful fussy cut roses from. I cut about three quarters of the sheet of the larger roses to create this layout with. 

Next I went on to colouring and dressing some wooden embellishments for the project. I have used Wooden Embellishments #WE290, WE389 and WE331 along with a pack of the Flourish Chippings #10018. These were all primed in iCraft's heavy white gesso  and then another application was made using iCraft's Metallic Moon White Chalk Paint.  Over the top of this I also added some clear crackle to add another layout of interest to my pieces. At the very end of the project some Flamboyant was dry brushed over the top of them which revealed the crackle a little more which you will see in the close up photographs. 

     

 

The Flamboyant Chalk paint was also used to change up the colour of my 49andMarket florals that I used. The normal Bashful colour of these flowers made it quite easy to change them up using the chalk paint. I always recommend using two light coats to change the colour of paper flowers as wetting them too much can break them or make them fall apart. I also used a shimmer over the top of my project to make everything shine. 

I also have a couple of close-up pics to share with you. 


Further embellishing of my layout included the addition of some tea dyed muslin, some art stones that were coloured with the Moon White chalk paint, and pearl strings that were cut and adhered to the project. 


I also additionally added in a cute little handmade paper mould bird and little heart that were coloured to co-ordinate with the project.


From this angle you can see the extra shimmer from the metallic chalk paint and shimmer spray used. 

Well that is all from me today. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a safe and happy Easter. Until next time take care and happy crafting. 

Tina x




2 comments:

  1. Those roses on the top of your layout are so pretty and lush love your layout and that collection 💜 💜 💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is absolutely stunning... love the colors and all the blooms and layers.. and all of it! hehe!!

    ReplyDelete

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017