Welcome back. Today I have a share of a layout completed for my Fabulicious Design Team!
I have used Fabscraps- Industrial Chic collection which I have fallen head over heels in love with. This is my first time to create with pinks and browns and I can't wait to create another!!
If you keep scrolling I have listed materials and full instructions for you to do at home!!
and some closeups........
I have prepared a mixed media background using mists, texture mediums, random stamping
and distress inks.
Using a foliage die I have made my own branches from leftover scraps and some mediums.
A close-up of the Fabscraps Window!!! Looooove this window. You can see the crackle effect on the window and leaves of the foliage. Have also tucked in a little muslin to soften the layout and a touch of gesso to the flowers to soften the intensity of the pink.
I have also tucked in a little lace.
And another close-up. Hope you have enjoyed your visit here. Remember if you keep scrolling the Materials are listed along with Instructions.
Fabscraps Industrial Chic C67 002 x 1
Fabscraps Window and 1 TagDC60 010 x 1
Fabscraps "Rustic Beautiful" DC 67 007
Fabscraps Butterfly Metal Embellishment
Glimmermist Tattered Leather
Derivan Acrylic White Paint
Ranger Crackle Accents
Distress Inks Black Soot, Walnut Stain, Spun Sugar
Ranger Distress Crackle Paint - Picket Fence
Distress Ink Pumice Stone Dye Ink
Hand dyded lace and muslin
Assortment of Stencils
Assortment of Stamps
Pussy Willow branch
I Am Roses (rosebuds - hot pink)
Collections Word Sheet
Memory Box Die Fresh Foliage
1. Prepare a media background firstly coating the back of cardstock or chipboard with gesso and dry. Apply mists, texture medium through an assortment of stencils and some random stamping using distress inks. Leave to dry.
2. Tear Fabscraps Industrial Chic C67 002 at top and bottom. Makes tears at board sections and adhere to layout top and bottom. Tear a third piece to use reverse. This will sit at right of layout beneath Window.
3. Tuck in some lace top and bottom as shown and adhere.
4. With remainder of C67002 cut a Photo Mat (12.5cm x 17.5cm) and tear at base. Tear another piece and cut as a torn photo mat using the pink Cheque side. Distress and ink. Adhere these together and adhere sanded photo on top. Adhere to layout as shown.
4. Cut three die foliage branches using cardstock and coat generously with gesso a couple of times. Ink with Walnut Stain randomly. Apply Crackle Accents and leave to dry. Apply a little Black Soot once dry.
5. Take Fabscraps Chipboards and apply gesso generously and dry. Apply inks and a medium coat of Distress Crackle Paint and leave to dry overnight. Ink randomly to finish.
6. Apply gesso to the Fabscraps Metal Embellishment (butterfly). Once dry apply ink.
7. Changing the colour of the stems of rosebuds is a little time consuming but well worth taking the time to do. I pulled away the base of the rosebud and using Pumice Stone ink dye and a cotton bud I coated stem and base generously and left to dry. Once dry adhere base to rosebud again. Apply a little gesso to pink flowers and leave to dry. A touch of black soot around edges also.
8. You can now start to embellish page with dried elements prepared earlier.
9. Your layout is now ready to frame and hang!!