Sunday 14 May 2023

"Memories Captured" Design Team Creation for Scrap and Me

  Hello and welcome back. Today I am here to share with you my newest creation for Scrap and Me. This time around I have created a masculine page. Something that I don't do often enough, but I wish I did. This project I have titled "Memories Captured". I have used a photo of my son from a holiday about 10 years ago. As with most boys getting a photo does not come easily. I captured this photo luckily when he was least expecting it. Haha ! Because my photo was a dark sepia colour I gravitated to using the grunge patterned paper from the Afternoon Sky collection. This was my starting point and this below is what I created. I hope you enjoy it ! 


For those of you who are asking if this will be a kit, the answer is a definite yes. So stay tuned on my business facebook for its release. 


 I absolutely adore this grunge background page. It has so much interest on it that you really don't need to add too much to it....... however I decided to add just a little more interest by using some texture paste and a stencil. I coloured over it using some silver and black pigment powders. 

To keep with the grunge look I added in some gel medium and water over the photo to give it a wishy wash and handled look. 

  

    
                                      
I used the papers from above and did a lot of fussy cutting. These pieces were added to the layout using foam tapes to add dimension. Some of the fussy cut pieces were distressed and moulded to fit over the page where needed. 

Below are some of the close-ups from this project for you. 




So that is all from me today. Thanks so much for popping by my blog. I will be back very shortly with more inspiration. 

Until next time happy crafting. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017