It's been a busy week here at our place with Violin exams and Taekwondo training for upcoming black belt grading, but I did manage to fit this in and around all that was going on. I have used a chipboard from this same range for my title "You're Beautiful". The photo I have used is of my little Cydne doing what she once loved to do all the time. Climb trees. At this stage if you took your eyes off her for two seconds she would be up the nearest tree trying to get to the top.....little monkey. Well I suppose it is appropriate after all she is born the year of the monkey.
I decided to go with the elegant style of these papers and have used a large damask stencil randomly with some Impasto, paint and embossing powders. When I opened the goodie box with all these chippies from this collection I nearly fell over backwards. The fence that you see here is only part of it. I have actually cut out the gate (will use that on the next project). To dress up this beautiful piece of chipboard I simply embossed it with some Lindy's Stamp gang embossing powders. I wiped some bits of the powder away before heat setting to give a worn look. I also have bent the pickets around so that they don't sit so flat on the layout....we all need a little more dimension sometimes!
This Fabscraps birdcage charm is Oh so beautiful......originally it was silver....I have gessoed and inked and spritzed to take that sheen away and dirty it up a little. I ran a little of white jute through some leftover spritz and dried it off and tied it through the top of the birdcage.......Got to get some more of these little babies!!
You can see here the effect of Crackle Accents. The chipboard was firstly misted and inked. I embossed the swirly pieces of the chipboard with a little white embossing powder but randomly. Covered the full piece with some crackle accents and left it overnight. So when it was dry I swiped it over with a little gesso and wiped off the excess.
If you look closely you can see in the middle of all these flowers is a bulldog clip that I have added to the cluster. The "Treasure Life" phrase is from the Fabscraps Journal book which is full of the most beautiful pieces to co-ordinate with the papers.
You can see the splatters of paints and spray mists in the top right. I have also used ink through a stencil here. And you can also see the gorgeous Fabscraps stickers (the flourish) here. They are just beautiful.
I went over everything once I decided it was finished with a little gesso to soften the layout.
Well I hope you have enjoyed your visit here today. A full materials list and instruction step by step is listed at the bottom of this just keep scrolling.
Till next time...happy scrapping.
- Fabscraps Elegant Chic - Flying Bird C71 006
- Fabscraps Birdcage Charm
- Fabscraps Chipboard - You're Beautiful DC71 006
- Fabscraps Chipboard - Picket Fence & Gate C71 011
- Fabscraps Elegant Chic Journal Book C71 Collection
- Fabscraps Sticker Sheet - C71 Collection
- Clear Gesso
- Impasto Medium
- Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powders
- Archival Ink - Potting Soil
- Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
- Crackle Accents
- Various Stencils
- Various Acrylic Stamps
- White Jute
- White Cheesecloth
- Paints / Mists (browns/ black and white)
- Pussy Willow Branches
- Take Fabscraps "Flying Bird" and cover page with clear Gesso and dry. Distress and ink edges with Walnut Stain distress ink. Spritz with a little water and let ink run a little then heat set. With Archival ink and acrylic stamps of your choice stamp page randomly. Adhere page to a 12 x 12 inch piece of chipboard or something to give it a little sturdiness.
- Take stencil of your choice and apply Impasto through this and remove stencil and sprinkle over some white embossing powder. Leave for a while to allow impasto to dry. Heat Set when ready. Spritz page with paints or mists going from the left bottom to top right of layout.
- Cut gate from Picket Fence chipboard and emboss with powders. Before heat setting wipe powder away from some areas to give a worn look. I did the post panels in a contrasting pink embossing powder. Adhere these to the fence posts as shown in layout. Spritz Chipboard word with a brown colour. Emboss flourish areas with white powder randomly and heat set. Cover the whole piece with crackle accents and allow to dry over night if possible. Once dry wipe over with a little Gesso and wipe off excess. Adhere to left bottom of page.
- Ink edges of two photos and lay in centre right of layout. Attach and adhere bulldog clip at the top of these photos.
- Adhere fence to either side of photos bending up pickets in the centre of each. Adhering with hot glue is best for this. Charm birdcage can be painted with paint or gesso. Heat set and ink with distress inks randomly. Run jute through any leftover paints or sprays and heat set. Tie a bow through birdcage with jute.
- Time to embellish the remainder of your layout. I need to mention that a few of the flowers here have been spritzed with a little brown to give some depth to the layout. Arrange and adhere flowers, leaves and cut up pussy willow branches. Tuck in your Fabscraps charm birdcage and adhere. Cut a title from your journal book and attach to bulldog clip. I was able to roll my title and push it through. Cut some pieces of cheesecloth and tuck in randomly around page.
- Your layout is now ready just frame and hang!