Hello and welcome back. Today I have a Fabscraps Design Team share for you. When I recieved this package from South Africa I was like OMG and it was the hardest of all decisions about which collection I would use first!! Royal Baby or Elegant Chic. Well Royal Baby comes first in the collection so here it is.
I love doing shabby / vintage styles the best and when I use photos like these ( not the best) I find they suit these kind of layouts. Have had these little pics sitting in the birth box of my youngest for a while now. They were a little mottled as they were the actual ultrasound photos.....so I re-scanned them and tried to fix them a little......this was a good as it got. So without further ado.........
You will have probably noticed by now that I have an obsession with dots. I think they are just so elegant and extremely easy to use. I have hand cut the base paper called "Precious Bunny" (C70 002). It has also been lightly distressed and inked with a little Walnut Stain distress ink. If you look closely in between the two laces sitting back to back I have laid a piece of seam binding in the middle and covered it with the fussy cut piece of flowers from "Swirl" (C70 008). I fussy cut the vine of flowers and the chequered heart from this piece. This has been mounted on foam and laid across the seam binding.
I have used feathers instead of cheesecloth to give a softer feel to the layout. The feathers have been layered underneath the photo too. Note to self......do not, I repeat, do not cut up feathers. You will find them everywhere for many days after....lol.
I have made my own embellishments using stamps and embossing powders on transparency papers. So easy to do and very inexpensive especially if you have a lot of stamps!! The framework around the photo as seen here is one of them and both of the butterflies were made using this technique. I will explain this in the instructions at the bottom of this post.
You can see the framework a little easier here. This beautiful chipboard title "Little One" has been spritzed using Glimmermist - Olive Vine.
A closer look at the transparency butterfly and look at the laces.....Ooooooh la la!!
Well I hope you have liked this and if you are looking for instructions and a materials list .....keep scrolling. And if not thank you so much for visiting me here.
Hope to see you again soon.
Fabscraps Royal Baby Collection C70
1 x Swirl C70 008
1 x Precious Bunny C70 002
Fabscraps Chipboard Title "Little One"- DC70 007
Feathers (pink and white)
Seam binding (pink)
Vine and leaves
Glimmermist Olive Vine
Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Acrylic Stamps (Butterflies, Flourishes and Frame)
Lindy's Embossing Powders
Cut out Bird
- Take cardstock and ink with Walnut Stain and then lightly distress.
- Take Fabscraps Precious Bunny and hand cut a design. Alternatively you can use a punch or decorative scissors to do this. Ink and distress lightly as in step one. Adhere to your base cardstock.
- Adhere two strips of white lace back to back at top third of layout. I used a clear dry adhesive.
- Adhere a strip of pink seam binding to lay across the middle of the lace.
- Take Fabscraps Swirl patterned paper and fussy cut the vine and flowers from this. I used a craft knife on a glass mat. I find this helps the craft knife glide across the paper more easily and keeps the knife sharper for longer.
- Mount the fussy cut vine and layer it over the pink seam binding.You will find there will be a little left over if you cut it where the photo starts and ends. This piece I will use later. The baby in the cradle will also be used later to embellish.
- Create yourself some little transparency embellishments. I have used a frame and some butterflies and also the flourish at the base of the birdcage. To do this take a piece of Overhead Transparency paper and stamp an image using an acrylic stamp and Embossing ink. Cover the image with Embossing powder of your choice. Shake off the excess and replace back into the bottle. Heat set the image with a low setting on your heat gun. If you find the paper curling take the gun away and let the paper cool for a few moments. Once it is set fussy cut around the image and there you have it a easy and cheap embellishment!!
- Lay down some feathers at the base of where you photo will sit and adhere. Use the acrylic frame to place your photos in and adhere to the centre of the lace.
- Spritz your chipboard word and leave to dry or heat set.
- All you need to do now is embellish the remainder of your layout with the vine and leaves and paper flowers. Dry brush your flowers with a little white gesso and add some small pearls to the body of your butterflies. Tuck in a little white cheesecloth around the framework of your layout.
- Your layout is ready to hang and frame!!