Monday 7 February 2022

"Country Garden" for iCraft Australia

 

 Hello and a big welcome back. I am popping back with you to share my newest iCraft layout. I have created this time around using iCraft's Country Garden collection and omg..... the colours are spectacular. Not my normal go to of course but I couldn't resist to use this gorgeous photo to compliment the colours in the paper pack. 

This is my project ...."Country Garden".


To start out I took my time over a number of nights to fussy cut a bowlful of elements from the paper pack Country Garden as well as from the Element Sheet of Country Garden. So many glorious elements to use. I cut as many as I could so I could layer and layer and layer some more. 


I have used the 12 x 12 Country Garden paperpack to cut elements from as I said before. Also from the paper pack I used the black damask patterned paper as my background. This was primed in clear gesso. I coloured the area where my clusters were to sit with iCraft's Sleigh Bells chalk paint using a stiff brush and a dabbing motion. Over this I added in some random stamping using a script stamping block and Iced Spruced Distress Oxide ink. I left my background to dry on its own and worked on the frame for my photo. The piece I used to frame my photo is actually from the Wooden Elements set. I used the oval piece as a template to cut my photo. I sanded the edges of the photo and then secured it to the ornate framework in the Wooden Elements pack. This was coloured using a mix of colours. Firstly Chalk paint in Dark Secret was added firstly. This was dried then I added in some random inking with Distress Oxide in Walnut Stain. And over the top of this colouring of Intense Ocean chalk paint. The layers of colours help to break up the intensity of the last colour used. I dressed the window shutters and the brick works similarly. The ornate border wooden embellishment was coloured using a white ink. 


I tore a small length of lace into sections so I could easily glue these pieces into place as I worked. The frame was adhered in firstly then I worked around it adding layers using old board to give the pieces a sturdy base to sit upon. I added in the leaves and also the lace as mentioned above. Once there were two layers of the fussy elements I then added in some of the wooden embellishments. Some of these were cut apart to go further around the page. 


On the element sheet there were also butterflies, flies and bees. These were also added amoungst the layers. Once all the layers were in place I did made a mix of splatters using Intense Ocean, White Gesso, and Black Gesso. I also added in some iCraft Arty Beads for more textural interest. 


And last but not the least I added more colour to the centres of some of the flowers. This was done by applying Crackle Varnish and when nearly dry I sprinkled over the Crystal Shimmer. Once completely dried this give it another depth of colour. 

As with most things I photograph the photos really do not show the full gorgeousness of the papers colours. I think black as a background is rather difficult to photograph. But I do hope you like what you see. I hope you have enjoyed your visit here too. Tell us what you think by leaving a comment below. We would love to hear from you. 

Before you leave I have listed below the products used for this project with easy to use links.

Products used for this project:
Crystal Shimmer
Lace 
Miscellaneous Script Stamp
Distress Oxide Ink Iced Spruce, Walnut Stain
Distress Ink Black Soot
Crackle Varnish



Until next time happy scrapping. 
Teen x



3 comments:

  1. Hi Tina! I hope you are keeping well... doing ok here!!! Wow you have created such an amazing layout here.. the layers... are stunning.. really beautiful layout.. could stare at it for ages to see all the details.. love this... take care ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you are well Lizzy. That weather has been monsterous to say the least. Thankyou so much for popping by and your kind comments. Big hugs x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017