Hello again and welcome back. Today I have a share for those of you that love that vintage rustic feel. Recently my mother in law scanned a very large volume of photos from her mothers collection. So many beautiful photos that I will treasure always.
So from this photo I have created a Design Team layout for Fabscraps.
This paper collection is the newly released Oh! Sew Beautiful collection.
So please keep scrolling and I hope you enjoy.
"Stitch In Time"
I have used some papers from the previous Fabscraps "Gentlemens's Collection". With these papers I cut foliage using a die. Inked the edges with a little Black Soot.
A close-up from another angle. Here, if you look closely, you can see how I have folded the second layer in the middle to wrap around the photo to make it the focal point of the layout. Below the second half to this fold on the page.
A close-up of the Fabscraps Chipboard Scissors. So very elegant. I have tucked this in under the flowers and foliage. It was dressed using Lindy's embossing powders.
I have done a lot of distressing and rolling of the papers to give that Vintage touch to this layout.
The Fabscraps Chipboard Title and Border were dressed using Liquid Pearls and a little Walnut Stain distress ink......gives that rusty look!!
What you will need:
Fabscraps Gentleman's Club - C66 004
Fabscraps Oh! Sew Beautiful - C68 002
Fabscraps Oh! Sew Beautiful - C68 001
Fabscraps Scissors and Mannequin-1pp - DC68 008
Fabscraps Decorative Border - DC67 008
Fabscraps Stitch In Time - DC68 002
Cardstock (Steel Grey and Rusty Brown Colours)
Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powders (Queens Shebas Silver)
Prima Resin Clock
Assortment of Flowers (I have used Prima and Petaloo for this layout)
Distress Inks (Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain, Black Soot)
1. Take Fabscraps C68 002 and make a 3cm framework. Distress the inner and outer framework and ink with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Adhere the outer framework to a distress Steel Grey Cardstock.
2. Take Fabscraps C68 001 and cut from the left corner a square measuring 24.5cm. Distress and ink this as previous. Adhere to centre of layout. Take C68 002 inner square and fold back top left and bottom right corners as shown. Roll the top left corner. Adhere this to the centre of layout.
3. Dress Chipboards (Title, Border have been gessoed and liberally covered with Liquid Pearls (Copper Pearl). Once dried I have inked with Walnut Stain and Black Soot distress inks. The Chipboard Scissors were dressed using Lindys embossing powder ( Queen Sheba Silver). I then cut the border into segments to give the illusion that it runs the length of the layout.
4. Cut 4 foliage segments using die of your choice. Ink the edges with Black Soot Distress Inks.
5. You can start to embellish page by firstly adhering down the lace to run across the base of layout under and over folded corner. Adhere cut segments of chipboard border over the lace. Adhere mounted photo which has been inked over the left corner fold and under the right corner fold.
6. Tuck in foliage and adhere flowers as seen in layout. Lastly adhere cut up title and scissors. I also added a second piece of cardstock ( a rusty brown colour) to the back of the layout and distressed the top layers a little more.
7. Your layout is ready to be framed and hung!!