Tuesday 16 May 2023

"Love" created for Maja Design

 Good morning my friends and thankyou for taking the time to visit me. This morning I am sitting in a motel room getting ready for a set up day for Craft Alive Toowoomba. And I had a little time to kill before hand so I thought I might share this with you a little earlier than I had originally thought to do. 

Today's project is a canvas. I love to change things up every now and then. Not that it is really that much different but I find the sizing is where I have trouble. This is quite a large canvas so needless to say I have used a lot of embellishments to fill the spaces. 

This is "Love"......


The start of my project was pretty basic with the cutting of the gorgeous Miles Aparts - "Hopeful" patterned paper. This has always been a favourite collection to go to. And when I had picked this piece up to put away last week I thought to myself omg I know what I am going to do with you. hahaha...

I adhered to the primed canvas and then primed it again using a clear gesso. I do this to protect my papers from any media I may or may not add in my creativeness. And it also protects my project from that wretched thing called dust. 

Hopeful


Sweet Coral 


Steel Blue 

I have used the Shades of Miles monochromes to add layers beneath my gorgeous photo of my youngest daughter from many many years ago. Yes you have probably seen the photo before but it is a favourite and it gets used a lot. 

After the layering was added to the canvas I started embellishing by adding in some new moulds from Prima Marketing. Than there was the addition of flowers from 49andMarket. Omygoodness I just couldn't add enough as you can see. I have used the newest colours of Taffy and  Slate for my project here. They are just sooooo pretty !

I added in some Crackle Paste and then coloured the background with iCraft Chalk Paints in Rose Debut. I also added in some pretty flower pearls from Dress My Craft and a selection of white branches from my stash. 

Below are a few close-ups for you to see. 








I hope you enjoyed your visit to me here today.
Until next time take care and happy crafting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017