Monday 7 February 2022

"Happiness x II" for iCraft Australia

 Hello and welcome back. It's been a long while since I have blogged here. Starting my own business has surely been overwhelming to say the least. But I have felt in the past few weeks that I really need to get back to creating and creating for me. So I hope you enjoy my latest creation. 

This is titled "Happiness x II".


I have had this photograph in my stash forever. A gorgeous photo of my husbands grandparents back when well, times were very different. We haven't been able to see grandad in quite some time due to covid and the want of keeping him safe. So I thought now was as good a time as any to finally use this photograph. 
 

The new release of iCraft's wooden platters got my mind thinking about how I could use this in a different way to those projects that I have already seen. And the best way I knew how to do this was to do it in a scrapbooking style but off the page. These MDF platters come in two different styles and with flourishes to adorn the project which makes it a great starting point. You can find these platters here below. I have used Wooden Embellishment FB015 for this project. 

I started out by priming my bases and flourishes with two coats of iCraft Artist's Gesso in white.
I added in some layers starting off with torn Decoupage Papers from the Moroccan Tiles collection #3025. These were adhesed using iCraft Decoupage Glue. 

     

Over the top of the decoupage papers I then added in some more textures using a favourite stencil #8563 with Artist's Texture Shaping Gel. I coloured my base using Apricot Chalk Paint  and Light's Out Chalk Paint





I have also used Gadget Chains and Vintage Numerals Wooden Embellishments. I made a few acetate embellishments from a seagull stamp set and embossing powders. 


I also added in some extra wooden embellishments because let's face it two is just not enough for me! The first is an older piece but a favourite wooden embellishment "Happiness" i003



The other 3 are from a new line which will be released in the coming weeks. 







I further embellished using gorgeous new 49andMarket flowers that I have coloured using chalk paints and some additional art stones, and wood wool with small splatters of chalk paints over the top. I finished off by inking the edges of my project with a little distress ink. 

I hope you enjoyed my project today. Stay tuned for more inspiration from the Design Team. !! 
Thank you for stopping bye. 

Tina 



 Well 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017