Monday 20 November 2017

"Summer" Maja Design and Dusty Attic Design Team Creation November

Welcome and a very big hello !
Today I have something beachy for you. Here in Australia Summer is a very special time for our family. Lots of trips to the beach and just getting out and enjoying the beautiful sunshine and our gorgeous beaches. 
The photo I have used today is of my youngest who just loooooooves the beach. And every chance she gets she will be found digging away in the sand, or mud digging holes or just building sandcastles. I adore this photo of her from back in 2012 at a holiday gettaway in Forster, New South Wales. Again she is digging away and very much caught up in the moment !


Since the togs she was wearing are a navy blue I decided to keep with these colours and add some neutral tones and keep it earthy. I have only used a little media being distress inks and gesso along with Rust Paste. I have listed below the papers from one of my favourite Maja collections that I have used to create this project...... Vintage Autumn Basics is just perfect for this particular project. 



Above you can see some of the gorgeous Dusty Attic chipboards that I used. The large chippie framing the photo is a new release doily...... love me these !! and also the "Summer" title is perfect for a smaller title to add to the tops of flower clusters and I have here. I have a full list of all the Dusty products used for this project below. If you click on the link below it will take you straight to the site.

Dusty Attic 


   

Dusty Attic Min Ships Wheel DA1675
Dusty Attic Ships Wheel Small DA1674
Dusty Attic Mini Tags #3 DA1814
Dusty Attic Corrugated Card

  

Dusty Attic Doily #10 DA1720
Dusty Attic Rope Knot #1 DA1737
Dusty Attic Fancy Flourish #2 DA0415


My starting point was tearing up my sheet of Vintage Autumn Basics and layering it using both sides along with some Dusty Attic corrugated board. These pieces were laid over the top of Vintage Autumn Basics and then primed with some clear gesso. I did some drying brushing with white gesso to give that whitewashed beachy look and also did some splatterings of white.


I have used some new Dusty Attic release beach chipboards, lots of 49andMarket Floral Mixology and Garden Seeds flowers along with some seashells to help with my embellishing of the page. The flowers used are listed below;

49andMarket






The chipboards were dressed in gesso and I randomly applied rust paste let it dry for a few moments and rubbed the rust paste until the colour bleed into the gesso.
Well that is all from me today, I do hope I have inspired you in some way big or small to create something this week for yourself! Enjoy the time you spend creating.

Big hugs Tina xo

2017 Maja Design Girl
2016 Maja Design Girl



49andMarket Design Team Member





No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017