Monday 8 May 2017

"Adore" Maja Designs DT creation

Hello and welcome Maja followers!

Tina Ollett with you here today to share my next Maja Design Team creation. Last time I was here I shared something a little rustic /country, so this time around I have decided on something Shabby Chic to showcase this gorgeous photo of my two girls. 


And what better collections to use to create this with, but the ever gorgeous
Vintage Spring Basics and the Vintage Summer Basics.


Just perfect to create that pretty shabby page.
This I have titled "Adore".........



 I used the Vintage Spring Basics 7th of May as my background page but I firstly cut a photo mat from the centre to save on paper. I then layered torn Vintage Summer Basics 1922 and the Vintage Springs Basics 4th of May over this. When creating shabby layouts I like to leave large areas of the white paper core to give it an complete border and it also saves on sanding or inking.


Here you can see the layered torn papers and above that the photo mats with distressed and sanded edges.


I have layered over the top of the background page two sections of lace. I have run a piece of seam binding through the top piece of the lace and I tied it in a bow at the right side of the photo where it hangs to hold the chipboard title "Adore". This chipboard piece was simply dressed in gesso and Liquid Pearls was swiped across and around the edges to highlight the titled.


I love to create flower clusters, and this one was no exception. I used leftovers from many of my flower baskets that sit under my desk. They were all whitewashed with gesso to keep in with the shabby chic design. To complete the layout I added in some Kaisercraft paper leaves, a Dusty Attic frame which was dressed in Platinum Liquid Pearls and cut into several pieces and also a little cheesecloth.

Well that is all from me today. I hope you have enjoyed popping by. Until next time, take care and happy crafting.

Tina Xxx


Materials Used

Maja Design Vintage Summer Basics - 1922
Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics - 7th of May
Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics - 4th of May
Dusty Attic Swirly Frame
Dusty Attic Button
Liquitex Gesso
Miscellaneous Assortment of Flowers
Kaisercraft Paper Leaves
Cheesecloth
Liquid Pearls Platinum


No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017