Saturday 9 April 2022

"Queen Bee" Off the page project for iCraft Australia

 A very warm welcome back to my blog today. Thanks for stopping by. Today I have a mini off the page project to share with you. I have titled this 

"Queen Bee" 



I will admit off the page projects for me are not really my go to thing, but I do enjoy a challenge and a little change from time to time. I had some leftover mdf bases left from another class that I was wanting to use up so this is what I did with it. 
Priming these mdf cut bases are an absolute must for me so a couple of coats with iCraft's Heavy White Gesso was my starting point. I then used the gorgeous new iCraft 12 x 12 Stencil with 3DShaping Gel to create textures. 










I added in chalk paint over this textures using a spritzing of water to spread the paints. The chalk paints dry very quickly which is fabulous for this kind of project. I dried each colour in between coats. I used the colours Foxy Lady and Midnight Coffee to compliment my flimsy sheets.



I used the wooden embellishment #304 to create dimension and just to add an element of prettiness to the board. This was primed in a clear gesso and inked with black distress ink. I also added the Midnight Coffee over the top to highlight areas of the frame.



Pieces of the wooden embellishment flourish #038. It was gessoed in white and cut up into small parts be tucked in and around the plaques flower embellishments.



You will also find a couple of these on the plaque. They were inked in Black Soot Distress Ink and cut in halves to go further around the plaque.

 And then to embellish my plaque further I have made flowers from the Flimsy Sheets.


  

I fussy cut a few of the elements from the #05 Flimsy Sheet and coloured the back with white gesso and allowed them to dry. Once dried I used a naked flame that of a tea light candle and shaped some of the flowers to give more dimension. These are a fabulous embellishment. There is an endless way to create with them. I absolutely adore these new sheets. 

And lastly I embellished with some string pearls that were cut up.  I also added in the cute bees from the Flimsy Sheet above. Just couldn't resist. A few splatters of white gesso were used over the top of the plaque at the very end of my project. 



Well that is all from me today. I hope you enjoyed my small project. All the links above will take you to the my website where all of these products are readily purchased. 
Enjoy your weekend and I will be back very soon with another project. 

Thanks for your visit. 

Teen x






1 comment:

  1. Oh this is exquisite... stunning.. so many beautiful details... I hope you are keeping well and all is going good for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017