Tuesday 15 December 2020

"Captured Happiness" Design Team creation for 49andMarket

 

Hi there crafty friends. I am back with you today to share a new beachy project. Here in Australia where I live it has been mighty hot,

and the feeling of wanting to be at the beach was on my mind. But it was far too hot to venture out so a layout in the air-conditioning of my art studio was in order.

For this project I have used a different kind of photo. One of my youngest’s leg after she had sat and played in the silty mud like sand at one of

our special favourite spots a few years back. She got up and drew this smiley face which I photographed like I do with everything. And it caught my eye going

through some pics. I have titled this project “Captured happiness”. I hope you enjoy it.

I used the “Old School” collection for my project. The colours were a perfect match so it made for a very easy project. I prepped the “b” side of  “Penmanship” with a clear gesso and added in textures using a mix of modelling paste from TCW along with a black pigment powder from Couture Creations. I also added in more colour on the background with Viva Décor Inka Gold in the colour of Cobalt Blue.

I used a second sheet from the “Old School” collection called “High School”, for the matting and layering of my portrait colour photo. Both sides of the papers were used. The edges of each piece of paper was distressed and sanded and layered amongst old pieces of board to give more dimension to my project. These were adhered more to the right side of my project.

I then moved on to adding in archival boards from the black “Timeless” pack. And also a black archival board of a photo negative that I found floating amongst my stash. Colour was added to the archival boards using some of the cobalt blue in the viva gold. This looks so pretty on the black board it really does. I added over some jute cording that was wrapped twice around. Once this sat over the photo I really thought I needed a little of 49andMarket’s burlap to keep with this colouring . This was distressed a little and added amongst the layers of chipboards. Distressed sections of muslin was also used amongst the layers. These were stretched out  and then glued using a gel medium. Whilst the gel medium was still wet I sprinkled over 3 different sizes of art stones to break up the colour. I also found a cute little bird from the older collection of Heirloom Botanicals that was added in.

The addition of florals with the navy colour coming from one of my last packs of the gorgeous Botanical Potpourri’s. This would have to have been one of my most favourite colours and flowers from 49andMarket that I have put off using them for so long. I combined a pack of the mini series flowers in Storm amongst the navy flowers. Some of the flowers were split apart to go a little further.

Lastly I added in my title “Captured” that was dressed in White Opal Liquid Pearls. Also some tiny shells and splatters of white gesso watered down along with a few of the Wishing Bubbles in Blueberry. I coloured over these a little more with the cobalt Inka Gold. Well that is my completed project. I do hope it has inspired you in some small way to do some crafting in the coming week. I hope wherever you live at present that you are keeping safe. Until next time take care.

Tina x

49andMarket Products Used

Old School - High School -

Old School - Penmanship

Wishing Bubbles Blueberry – Link not available

Flowers Mini Series 01 – Storm

Botanical Potpourri – Navy – Link not available

6 x 6 Archival Board Timeless Black

Jute Cord 5ply

Burlap Ribbon – Natural

Other Products Used

Archival White Captured Board

Archival Black Photo Negative Board

Liquitex Gesso – White

Liquitex Gesso – Clear

Inka Gold – Cobalt Blue

Liquid Pearls – White Opal

Finnabair’s - Art Stones (in 3 sizes)

Muslin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017