Monday 30 November 2020

"Best Day Ever" 49andMarket Design Team Creation

Hello and welcome back crafty friends. I hope that this blog post finds you well. Here in Australia where I live, the temperatures have not been so kind. So I have been finding myself in the art studio with the air conditioning on a little more than normal, which I am loving. Hence lots of work being done. And this is one I created a few days ago. An albeit simple but I think elegantly beautiful layout of a wedding memory featuring me, my husband and son. The happiness is easy to recognise here.
It is a photo which I have longed to scrap so I am very happy that I have finally done it.

This is "Best Day Ever".


Sometimes I am asked if I can use less on a layout. And yes, I can, and today I have. Well for me it is less. Very little media and some simple layering of embellishments and it was a very quick layout indeed. And if you have not yet seen the new release collection of Vintage Artistry Everyday you must!
It really is very beautiful. For my project today I used the 12 x 12 Collection pack of Everyday and the Layered Embellishments from the Wedgewood collection. They really do co-ordinate quite well.




I used from the pack the patterned papers Zealous and Lucent Ladies. The b side of Lucent Ladies was used as framework around the Zelous. Gutting the centre of Zealous gave me some extra paper to work into my project with. I used some of this centre piece to add to the back of my mdf door and also to the layering behind my black and white wedding photo.


To help with the layering of the photo I used some of the laser cut pieces from the paper pack. These collection packs have a very generous amount of laser cuts. Some very intricate and some a little simpler. I placed some board between every second layer to give some extra dimension to my project. Through the layers of papers I also added in a mdf window in two pieces. One was cut in half and I elongated it to give more interest to my design. I also added amongst these layers the wreath from the Vintage Artistry Wedgewood Layered Embellishment set. I have also used the title “Best day ever” from this sheet along with a couple of other pieces of the greenery.


In finishing off my project I added in some other laser cuts pieces including the birds and the butterfly along with a strip of the lace in cream. This was torn and layered amongst the centre of the layout and at the right corner of the layout. Finally the addition of some pretty 49andMarket floral blooms and some leftover roughly sewn rub ons I had sitting out from another project.





Well that is all from me today. I do hope you have been inspired to create with this new collection which you will find in all your good scrapbooking stores. Until next time take care and stay safe.


Products Used

 

Vintage Artistry Everyday 12 x 12 Collection Pack

 

Wedgewood Layered Embellishments

 

Maura’s Vineyard Flowers Chardonnay

 

Sugar Petals Butterscotch

 

Roughly Sewn Rub-Ons in Black

 

Gabi’s Label Stamp Set

 

Other products used

 

Distress Ink Black Soot


Distress Ink Walnut Stain


iCraft MDF Decorative Door


Feathers


Ranger Stardust Stickles

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tina! It has been mighty hot up my way too.. and air con is such a wonderful thing to have in our home! I was out today but tomorrow might be a good day to stay howm and create in front of the fan!! I love this layout, love the colors and all the blooms and what a beautiful photo too.. as always the layers and details are magnificent! Take care and dont melt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe haven't melted yet Lizzy but have nearly washed away hahahaha.... how about you?? Crazy crazy weather isn't it. Thankyou so much for all your support all year. You really are the sweetest lady I know. Big hugs. and a huge Merry Christmas to you. Wishing you and yours a wonderful day and a very happy new year. Big hugs Teen xo

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhh wow I wish it was a little warmer here at night it's below zero and during the day it's no higher then 5 degrees brrrr.... Hate winters I was born in the wrong country for sure 😁 your layout is awesome Tina as is your picture so glad you got that one scrapped I also have a picture like that I really need to scrap.... Those papers are very pretty too need to ask that for Santa lol 😂 stay safe hugs Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy for popping bye and your kind comments ! I understand totally. I would so not be able to do the cold. I do much better in my own climate haha. I hope Santa brings you and your family a wonderful time. Merry Christmas my friend xo

      Delete

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017