Wednesday 8 April 2020

"The good life" Dusty Attic Moodboard Inspiration Creation

Welcome back to the blog here tonight. I hope this post finds you healthy and safe at home. This last week has found me creating a little more than usual which I am loving. So when I awoke this morning I thought to do the moodboard for Dusty Attic. Oh I love these colours, but I do struggle with them a little. Dark colours are really not my best works but I really loved how it worked out and I hope you like it too.


The moodboard below for my wonderful inspiration. Don't forget you have up until the end of the month to submit and entry to be in the running for some fabulous Dusty Attic Chipboards. Just complete a project incorporating a few pieces of Dusty Attic and upload to the Dusty Attic Blog sidebar.



I have used a few sheets of 49andMarket papers and tore strips of black papers to sit at either side of the base paper. I made the edges look more dimensional by adding a couple of layers of the torn papers whilst tucking in some gorgeous new Fancy Trims. I have used Fancy Trims #13 and #16 for this project.

Fancy Trim #13

Fancy Trim #16

I dressed the #13 trim in black ink along with a mix of BrownGold Inka Gold and Couture Creations Copper Pigment Powder. The #16 trim was primed in clear gesso and then dressed with the Copper Pigment Powder.


I then cut some photo mats for my 4 x 6 inch portrait colour photo to sit upon. These have been popped up on some old chipboard leftovers and distressed around the edges a little. I have used some postcards from 49andMarket along with the leftover black patterned paper that I used for the torn edges. These were all adhered together and adhered to the middle or close enough to the middle of my layout. I added in some texture around the photo mattings using the Dusty Attic Glass Stain Stencil with some Paper Texture Paste. When this dried I inked over the texture with a Black Soot Distress Ink. 


I decided a little later on that I wanted to add the leftover pieces of the fancy trim. These pieces were added in around the photo edges to help highlight the photo a little more. I then added some Laser Cut clocks from 49andMarket to the inner sections of the ATC frames. These frames were primed with white gesso and inked and finally a layer of Dusty Attic Crackle Varnish was added over the top. On the edges I sprinkled a little Stampendous Crush Glass in Black and Bronze over the varnish and allowed it to dry. You can see these in the photo below. 


After some time I decided that I still didn't have enough Dusty goodness so I added in the gorgeous and of course my all time favourite Baroque frame. This was dressed in black ink and pigments also. To fit it I just cut it in one section and threaded through and around the photo and layers. 


Baroque Frame Set


I moved on to the finishing touches adding in a couple of more pieces of Dusty that were sitting on my desk just waiting to be used. I included the new release paw prints which you can see at the top right of the layout. I dressed these simarly to the Baroque frame. I also used a cut piece of the 6 inch skeleton clock and the title tab "the good life" which was added to the right side of the photo.

  

Paw Prints - Dog

Skeleton Clock face

Mini Tabs #5 Black

Below here is a little sneak at the gorgeous doggie paw prints. I just couldn't not include them in my project. 


To complete my project I had included lots of gorgeous collections of flowers from 49andMarket. Some newer and some older collections. I added in some gorgeous Crush Glass in Bronze and Black over the flowers to help them pop a little more. I also added in some stamping with the use of embossing powders and also some inks. 

Well that is all from me today. I hope you have found some inspiration from my project here today to give the moodboard a go yourself. Would love to see some new faces this month too. 

Until next time stay safe and happy crafting. 

Tina x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017