Tuesday 6 November 2018

"Sweet" Art Playground Blog Design Team project for November


 Hello and welcome. 


My project today was inspired by the gorgeous moodboard below. Stunning to say the least!  The Art Playground's November mood board with the colors pink, bordeaux and green and the fabulous theme "finishing touch" or " never ending story" inspired me to create this layout - "Sweet". For this project I have used a very cute photo of my youngest daughter some years ago at a school Easter parade.  Too cute huh?



I absolutely adore this moodboard. So many possibilities to run with.  I chose to do something very soft and pretty. I built my layout on a background of green stripes with some textures through a stencil and colouring of my page with acrylic paints and random stamping. I used Dusty Attic Chipboards, Flowers, Leaves and Acetate Accents to help embellish and build dimension and layers. 

Some of the products used to design my background were:

49andMarket Cottage Life Garland B side

Dusty Attic Clear Crackle
and Dusty Attic Texture Paste
Dusty in Colour Dusty Pink

                                                                                                             

All my beautiful Dusty Attic Chipboards were dressed coloured with Bundled Sage distress ink then covered with Crackle Paint and allowed to dry. I then reinked randomly and applied Dusty Attic's Clear Crackle and allowed this to dry.

                                                                  DA1744 Mystic Frame #1 


DA0395 Birdbath
DA1745 Mystic Frame #2 

  

Dusty Attic Chickenwire Stencil


49andMarket Flowers used to compliment my layout and add more layers and dimension. Some of these flowers were dusted with a little gesso and acrylic paint.

Garden Seeds Aloe
Garden Seeds Natural Blush
Seaside Blooms Natural Blush
Seaside Blooms Aloe
49andMarket Stamp Set - Gabi's Label Stamp Set and Gabi's Word Set



 

and
Dusty Attic Leaves
Dress My Craft Sequins
ArtExtravagence Crackle Paste White
Liquitex Gesso's White and Clear
Distress Inks Walnut Stain, Ground Espresso and Bundled Sage
Embossing Powder
Acetate Paper
49andMarket Cut Outs (Clock)



 The theme "Finishing Touches" for this month is perfect for this layout for me. Sometimes and it happens more than not, that I get to a point in my creating where I have to take some time out and leave the project. Sometimes overnight, sometimes for days. Then I come back to my table and look at my project with fresh eyes. That is when I do my finishing touches. This time around my finishing touches were extra random stamping and colouring of the edges of my border to frame it.  I also did some splatterings of acrylic paints. And for this project I added in some muslin and also some sequins to help keep my layout soft and pretty and to highlight those areas that were lacking. 




And some more close-ups for you ........




Well that is all from me today.
Until next time take care.

Tina x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017