Sunday 5 August 2018

"Sweet Reflections" - Remember - 49andMarket / Dusty Attic DT project

Hello friends !

I am back once more to greet you with a project completed over the last week. 

This is my project
"Remember"
                        

I pondered for quite some time about which photo I would use for this project and then it came to me. It isn't a great photo but for me it really is about the memories that each picture provokes for me. I remember taking my 3 children to the Centennial Lakes for a morning out on our bikes and this I thought was one of the cutest photos from that day. My third who has a very adventurous soul, just took off on her little bike leaving us all behind. That is where I usually was with her, right behind.............

So about the project. I used the 49andMarket collection Sweet Reflections to create with for my project this time around. I used a few pieces and I mean a few. Some of the patterned papers I used two of so that I could remove some of the gorgeous foliage to fussy cut. I know that there is a lot of you that really don’t like to fussy cut so much, but rest assured I also used a sheet of the Sweet Reflections laser cuts also to minimise the amount of fussy cutting I did. It really is the perfect solution for those of you who really detest doing this. These laser cuts are cut perfectly to the image and there is no shadowing around each.



To start I cut out the branch frame from the patterned paper crossroads leaving all of the foliage. I then attached this to framework made from Pause and the b side of Awakening. Did a little distressing and then followed on by cutting more images from another piece of Awakening.



I also cuts foliage and flowers from the bottom right square of the beautiful Easy Cuts paper. Once I had all my paper pieces cut I went on and did some matting of my photo using leftover pieces and building it up to sit in the left corner of the branch. I adhered this and then tied the very elegant Ornate Frame #1 Dusty Attic frame to the photo. I also added in a few other pieces of frame chipboards to help embellish the page and break up the floral and foliage images. 

This was dressed with Crackle medium and allowed to dry. I used some Distress Inks to colour it to match in with my project.


Ornate Frame #1


Below you can see that I have also used the gorgeous and I have to admit my newest favourite as I said a few weeks back. It is the Iron Garnish #6. A simply stunning piece that I think we all should have a couple of packs on standby, just saying! Again this piece was dressed with gesso and inks. I also added a Dusty Attic pearl to it as well.





And here below I have used the first of the ATC Frames to break up the foliage and flowers in the clusters. This was dressed the same as previous pieces. I cut this piece in half to go further.




 

   




And above here you can see the addition of one of the Clock Faces without the hands that I have added in behind the photo matting and foliage. It was simply primed with white gessso and coloured with Distress Inks to compliment the layout.


Clock Face with Hands

Well that is all from me today.

Happy Crafting and big hugs xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017