Tuesday 24 July 2018

"Once upon a time"

Hello and a big welcome today. I am back with you to share a little project that I have created for my Maja Design Team post . Sometimes I run late with projects and they are the days I find I am the most productive. In saying this they are also usually my most favourite projects.
And this one is no exception.


 This is "Once upon a time.........
I have used the Celebration collection from Maja Design. I am so drawn to pokadots and also black. Although this isn't a true black I still am very drawn to it. And because it is not a true black I always think it is much easier to co-ordinate a multitude of colours with it.

I have used a photo of my gorgeous daughter at her formal this year. She looked absolutely gorgeous I think, but I am bias of course. A real princess. All she needed was a crown. For my project I decided to draw the colour from her dress into the layout by using browns and greens along with the black and cream from the Celebration papers. 


Party bs


Ephemera bs

I tore Ephemera bs to sit over the top of the polkadots of Party bs. I didn't add any mixed media just lots of soft laces and some gorgeous flowers to do all the embellishing of this page. I love every now and then to keep it very simple and clean.
The chipboards have all been dressed in Black Soot Distress Ink and then wiped over with White Gesso and a little White Liquid Pearls to give a shimmer.



I love lace and recently I attented the Brisbane Expo where I found some of the most gorgeous pieces ever. Some of them I have used here. They have been cut into sections to sit around the flower clusters and to help take away from the black of the page.



I have added many layers of lace and chipboards to keep the focus on the prettiness of my background paper.



The gorgeous flowers used here are from 49andMarket. I have used the Aloe and Sandcastle colours from the Blossom Blends collection to help coordinate with the page.



And one more closeup......


Well that is all from me today. I hope you have enjoyed my project and your visit to the blog.
Until next time happy crafting and take care.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017