Monday 13 February 2017

Love isn't love, until it's given away" - Maja Design Team Creation

Welcome and a very happy Valentine’s Day to you wherever you live in the world.
May your day be filled with love, flowers and chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate………..!
 The title for this layout was taken from a beautiful beautiful quote I found in a big box of rub-ons this morning, one I had not heard of before. But it will be one that I use again one day soon. It goes……

“Love wasn’t put in your heart to stay, love isn’t love until it’s given away”


For my scrapbook layout project here today I kept everything very clean indeed. I did a simple stamped border with embossing powders. Again as always I have added in some fussy cut elements from the Summertime (In the Garden) - Smell the roses patterned paper.


I had the photo printed of twice in two differing sizes and then layered them one on top of the other. I framed one photo with the Summertime (In the Garden) Die Cut frames. The centre was cut from this and then used behind the back of my chipboard window. So cute!!


I have added in some gorgeous lace that has been cut up and layered sometimes 4 times over itself. Some of the lace was left a little distressed to keep with a shabby feel.


I have used lots of yummy Dusty Attic chipboards for this project. They were simply covered with Crackle Paste and coloured with China Black H2O's, and a little distress crackle and some Star Dust Stickles.


I used a Sizzix Die-Cut for my title "Love". I layered it up a couple of times and dressed similarly to the other chipboards but I left it a little darker so it could stand out on the page. I also added in some handmade accetates to add to the layout another layer.


Materials Used 

Maja Designs Summertime - In the garden - Smell the roses


Maja Designs Summertime - In the garden - Greenery bs


Maja Designs Summertime - In the garden - Die Cuts

Dusty Attic - French Flourish  2pk DA0273

Dusty Attic - Baroque Corners DA0543


Dusty Attic - Min Arch Windows DA0818
Dusty Attic - French Flourish
Sizzix Die - Phrase, Love
49andMarket Gabrielle Pollacco - Gabi's Line Stitch Stamp
49andMarket Basic Flowers White
Kaisercraft Rub-ons - "In Love"
Length of Lace
Distress Crackle Paint
Wendy Vecchi Crackled Texture Paste
White Embossing Powder
Versa Mark Ink
Transparency Paper
Miscellaneous Stamp
Miscellaneous Flowers - Lily




Well that is all from me today. I hope you have enjoyed your time here. 

 Until next time, take care and happy scrapping.

Tina xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017