Monday 13 February 2017

"Adventure" - on a sunny day - 49andMarket / Dusty Attic DT project


Welcome, Tina O with you today to share my latest Dusty Attic project with you. 
This I have titled "Adventure - on a Sunny Day".


My starting point for this layout was my photo of my son a lot of years ago. And because it was a nature photo I wanted to keep within these colours and help make the photo pop. I have used lots of H2O's here in this layout to colour my background and my gorgeous Dusty Attic chipboards.


I have only recently started using H2O's but never on my chipboards so a lot of what I did here was very experimental. I had primed some chipboards with gesso but I found I actually liked the colour more intense without the gesso. I also found that heating the medium onto the chipboards gave it another dimensional element altogether.


I have to admit I am a hoarder of Dusty Attic chippies. There are some that I just don't like to use because I loooooove them way too much and one of them happens to be this Garden Frame that I have used around my photo. So I am no longer hoarding it but am now in morning because I don't have another!!!! This piece I have cut up into two pieces to help it fit the page and my photo. 


This piece was also dressed in Dusty Attic's Rusting Powder to start off with. If you have never used it you really must give it a try. I cover my chipboard with Versa Mark Embossing ink and sprinkle a sticky embossing powder and heat set it. Then sprinkle over the Dusty Attic rusting powder, as thick or thinly as you would like. Then using vinegar in a spray botttle spritz your chipboard. I am always on the cautious side with the vinegar. You can always add more if needed. Leaving overnight I find has a better result. But if you need to leaving it dry for an hour or so usually gives you a good indication of the outcome. I don't recommend heat setting it but you could although you will get much better results with a little patience.


Above and below you can see more chippies that I have used on this project. The filmstrip I don't think I have ever used but it has been in my stash forever!! And I love it. It is going to be used more often. And of course the Fancy Flourish this is an all time favourite. It is just too delicious. I have cut it in two and place it under torn papers.


And from another view....





Well that is all from me today. Thank you so much for visiting and until next time take care. 


http://tinamarie-foreverandalways.blogspot.com.au/

Materials List

For your convenience I have listed a complete list of materials used for this project.



Word Pack #35 DA1461

                           

Ferns DA0507



French Flourish 2pack DA0273


Garden Frame Pack DA0606


Filmstrips Small 2pk DA0935



49andMarket - Vintage Artistry - "The Report" x 2 sheets



Other Products

Versa Mark Ink 
Vinegar
Tim Holtz Collection Speckles Stencil THS021
Liquitex Clear Gesso
ColourArte H20's Olive Vine, Golden Sand, Heavenly Bamboo, Black, Nutmeg, Nutty Oak, Moss Green.
Ranger Texture Paste
Moss



No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017