Thursday 22 October 2015

"Adventure" - Fabscraps DT C78 Creation


Happy Friday everyone!

Today I have my next Fabulicious Design Team creation for fabulous Fabscraps.
I have skipped on to another collection called the Jungle Mist collection. So once more I go on a finding frenzy for that certain photo to co-ordinate with my layout. The photo I have chosen is one from 2009 on a holiday to Carnarvon Gorge! I have to say that this was the best camping experience I have ever had. But this walk that we went on was an experience I don't think I ever want again. The sign at the entrance to the walk said 4km's this way. The kids were only relatively new to trekking and quite young. We had no water or food and it was about 9.30 in the morning. The next thing you know we are dripping with sweat in the beautiful north Queensland sunshine.....thirsty with not very happy and unco-operative children. When we finally reached the top of the walk to turn around we come across a Ranger from the national park who informed us that the walk is actually 14km all round.......heheheheheheeheeeee. I can laugh about it now, but back then all I wanted was to find our camp and to sit. Another memory to treasure always..........

I have titled this creation ..............."Adventure"..


I started off my layout with a piece of brown cardstock and worked in the Fabscraps patterned paper "Tropical Jungle"....(the Stripes) and "Tropical Flowers" by tearing and piecing it all back together in layers. 


I have added in some Fabscraps Chippies....the title and the branch leaves.


I have punched embossed and inked my own leaves to co-ordinate with the Fabscraps striped paper.


Oh la la the crackle effect on the title is just awesome!! Love Crackle!!!!!



I also applied some to my metal clocks with a little ink.


I have also included some most gorgeous lace motifs and trims.


Some beautiful blooms......


Okay and a little hand dyed cheesecloth to top it all off. I have used my Distress Ink.....Evergreen Bough.....which I keep very handy at my table now.....think it has to be a new favourite colour!


And from another view.


Another....


And another....you can see a little more of the layering here.

Well I certainly hope you have enjoyed my Fabscraps layout. 
There are still lots more to come so stay tuned. 

Wishing you a wonderful weekend and happy scrapping. 


Tina x




Materials Used

Fabscraps Tropical Flowers C78 006
Fabscraps Tropical Jungle C78 005
Fabscraps Chipboard Title "Greatest Adventure" DC78 007
Fabscraps Jungle Mist C78 Journal Pack MC78001A
Fabscraps Serenity DC77 008
Fabscraps Serenity C77 Collection Die-Cuts
Cardstock Brown
Cardstock Olive
Couture Creations Embossing Folder - Large Damask
Miscelleanous Acrylic Stamps
Cheesecloth
Petaloo International Flowers
Prima Marketing Inc. Flowers
Prima Marketing Inc. Clocks
Bella Paperie Lace Motifs
Bella Paperie Lace Trim
Wild Orchid - Lillies
Green Tara - Roses
Leaf Punch and Emboss - Franchville
Distress Inks Walnut Stain, Evergreen Bough, Rusty Hinge
Distress Crackle Paint - Clear Rock Candy
Liquitex Transparent Raw Umber Ink
Liquitex Gesso
Dylusions Ink Spray - White Linen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017