Saturday 31 October 2015

"You are....beautiful" Design Team creation for Fabscraps - Jungle Mist Collection

Welcome and a pinch and a punch for the first of the month!!!

Happy November!

Today I have another design team creation for Fabscraps using the Jungle Mist collection. This is my fourth layout from this collection and they are all so different from each other it just amazes me. For this layout I decided to go with the citrus colour combo and use a beautiful photo of my youngest daughter that I took a couple of months ago of her modelling my sun hat.

I have titled this "You are .....beautiful"



I firstly started off this layout using this gorgeous patterned paper from the collection called Tropical Flowers. I loooooooove this piece and have been waiting a very long time to use it. So I firstly lightened the damask in sections.


I then used the Fabscraps "Serenity" DS 033 Stencil and added a little texture paste through this to create a frame around my photo. I sprinkled a little Distress Powder over the texture paste and heat set it.


I changed up my charms by using a little gold embossing powder and I then highlighted areas with a little gesso.


I also got a little adventurous and created my own transparencies using a acrylic stamps and embossing powders. This is an fave technique that I always seem to come back to every now and then. 


Here you can see that I have framed the photo using some cardstocks and the Fabscraps Tropical Pineapple patterned paper.


And for good measure I have added in some cheesecloth and sequins in Limade and Tangerine colours. I have included a full materials list below for you to make life a little easier.....just keep scrolling.

Well I hope you have enjoyed your visit here today and I hope the month of November brings you lots of crafty days and warmer weather!

Until next time ....happy scrapping.

Tina x




Materials Used
Image result for Fabscraps Jungle Mist tropical flowers

Fabscraps Jungle Mist - Tropical Flowers C78 006
Image result for Fabscraps Jungle Mist

Fabscraps Jungle Mist - Tropical Pineapples C78 007

Image result for Fabscraps "Serenity" DS 033

Fabscraps Stencil DS 003 Serenity Collection
Fabscraps Butterfly Charm Large
Fabscraps Butterfly Charm Medium
Fabscraps Butterfly Charm Small
Transparency Paper
Static Pad
Olive and Tangerine Cardstock
Acrylic Frame Stamp
Prima Marketing Acrylic Stamp "Beautiful"
Gold and White Embossing Powder
Distress Embossing Powder Shabby Shutters
Distress Ink Rusty Hinge
Distress Ink Crushed Olive
Liquitex Gesso
Liquitex Ink Transparent Raw Umber
Doodlebug Design Sequins (Limade)
Wild Orchid Lillies
Glimmermist Twinkle Yellow
Petaloo International Flowers Tangerine
Petaloo International Flowers (Lime)
Green Tara Velvet Leaves
Lace Motif
Cheesecloth








No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017