Monday 31 August 2015

"Life is Beautiful" - DT creation for Fabscraps

Welcome once more!
Another share today........this is my first this year for my part on the Fabulicious Fabscraps Team.
My parcel arrived from South Africa last week and I can't explain how happy I was to see it! Every time I heard the postie I would be out the front waiting. So for my first reveal I have incorporated my DT creation using the Sketch Challenge over at The Scrapbook Store.
Marelize has been very busy creating her sketch and what an inspirational sketch it is. I have not always been a lover of multi - photo layouts but as it turns out I really enjoy them. I also like a good challenge!!!!!!! Her sketch you can find below or pop on over to the store here.





"Life is Beautiful"
You will see from the sketch that I tried to keep it all similar but different!
I started out by stamping a border with a vintage vine stamp from my collection. I have used Ranger Archival ink in the Potting Mix colour to achieve this border frame.


I have added in some pretty blooms and green leaves with a few stamens. I have also glued in a few of the seed barrels that fell off the branches.


Here you can see the stenciling I achieved using Fabscraps Stencil DS035 And over the top of it I have embossed an acrylic stamp quote onto the Fabscraps Sewing Patterns paper, which reads:

"Enjoy the little things in life,
for one day you'll look back and realise
they were the big things."


I decided to change the layout to three smaller photos at the base to equalize my layout.



And whilst out on a walk with the dogs last week I picked up a few dead branches that you can see here with the seed barrels still attached. I have ensured that they are securely glued and then gessoed them and also dabbed a little Glimmermist Silver Sugar over the top to make them sparkle.



I so love this Fabscraps Chipboard Window. I have inked and then covered it with Crackled Texture Paste and let it stand overnight. I then rubbed a little Viva Gold over the top and wiped the excess with a baby wipe.


And another close-up.

.
Well that's all from me today. I so hope you have enjoyed your visit here today. I have listed a full materials list below for your convenience.

There is a lot more inspiration for this collection over at the Fabscraps blog here.

Until next time.........

Tina xx





I design for the Scrapbook Store.


Materials List

Fabscraps - Tranquility Collection - C75003 Gentle Leaves
Fabscraps - Tranquility Collection - C75007 Sewing Patterns
Fabscraps - Tranquility Collection - DC75003 -"Life is Beautiful"
Fabscraps - Tranquility Collection Stickers S175002
Fabscraps - Tranquility Collection - DC75001 -Window
Fabscraps Stencil - DS 035
Viva Inka Gold - Hortensie Hydrangea
Jute
Cheesecloth
Tree Branches
Gesso
Studio 490 Crackle Texture Paste
Archival Ink - Potting Mix
Silver and White Embossing Powder
Martha Stewart Border Punch - Doily Lace
Lace Motif (White)
Flower Stamens (White)
Glimmermist - Dried Lavendar
Glimmermist - Silver Sugar
Stempelglede Stamp - Vintage Garden
Dylusions Acrylic Stamp - Clearly Quotes
Dylusions White Linen
Wild Orchids (White)
Prima Marketing Inc Flowers
Petaloo International Flowers
Green Tara Leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017