Sunday 24 January 2021

"Thinking of you" Maja Design and Dusty Attic combined Design Team project

 Hello and welcome back Dusty friends. Today I have a shabby chic romantic themed layout to share 
with you today. I hope you enjoy it.


This project was really a labour of love. I wanted to make something shabby and pretty and I think I come up pretty close to that with my layout above. I have used the gorgeous collection of Miles Apart to make lots of layers and I combined this with the Dusty Chipboards to give even more layers. You will see at the end of my post the close-ups of the layers. This is something that I really enjoy doing these days, and while it is not everyone's cup of tea I love being able to add these kinds of details to my projects to enhance the photos of my memories. 

My first piece of Dusty was the gorgeous Vintage Frame. This is also a big favourite of mine. And with most of my Dusty I love to cut them sometimes to change them up a little. This has been cut in half, dressed with relief paste sanded and embossed and layered up amongst the papers and fussy cut elements. You can see below in the photo of this piece.



Another favourite that I use quite often is the Window and shutters . This time around I have used it in such a way that it helps to frame my photo. I wanted to keep with the shabby chic theme so I simply painted and sanded this piece. Again it was layered amongst the layers of papers and embellishments.



on top of this piece as you will see in the above photo I have layered this with a small charm that was coloured with white acrylic paint and then the Dusty Attic chipboard from the Roman Numerals pack. 






The Fancy Trim #16 chipboard was used coming out from under the photo. I used these pieces sitting back to back and layered another piece of distressed paper over the top of it. 

You will also see to the left of the photo the use of the gorgeous ATC frame... yet another well used piece that I favour to use quite often. 


I layered up this piece using paper from the Maja collection to sit behind the frame and then a fussy cut element to sit inside the frame. I added in some muslin and flower pearls to keep with the theme and to keep it pretty.


I hope you have been inspired in some small way to create something of your own from my project today. Thankyou for popping by.

Teen x










2 comments:

  1. wow wow wow!!! What a beautiful layout.. soooo many layers.. such dimension.. really beautiful photo.. love this one!! gorgeous creating!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Lizzy, I really am so happy that you love it. Big hugs. I hope you are doing well xo

      Delete

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017