Thursday 1 October 2020

"It's a beach thing" 49andMarket Design Team Project


"It's a beach thing"

I do hope this blogpost finds you all well and happy. For my blogpost here today I thought I might do something just a little different for me. Something vintage inspired. And the inspiration comes from this fabulous photo of my husbands grandma, who is no longer with us but when I see these photos of her it tugs at my heartstrings. There have been so many of these beach photos given to me by her daughter (my mother in law) and they truly are spectacular memories. This would have to be one of my favourite photos. I am unsure as to whether the photo was taken, and if it was staged, but it was just the perfect staging with the beach towels hanging in front of them down at the beach. Grandma is the gorgeous young lady at the left of the photo.

 



So being a vintage themed and also a beachy photo, I reached for the Vintage Artistry Shore Collection. I have used the patterned papers Tidepool, In the Shallows, and Triton’s Shell from the 12 x 12 inch collection. With it I have also incorporated the Vintage Artistry Shore Ephemera Pack. Once I had this in my hands there was no going back. The ephemera pack for this collection really helped me pull the layout and colours together. 




I started out tearing the patterned papers and layering them for my start of the background page. This was primed in clear gesso and then I added a small amount of crackle texture with a fishnet stencil. I also added in a little more of the blue colour using an acrylic paint. 

With the leftover papers I cut differing sized pieces to distress and layer behind my sepia photo. I also added in some old boards between the layers to give me more dimension. Once all of these were adhered together and placed on the background page I started adding in some Dusty Attic chipboards and a mould. These were all coloured using rust pastes, acrylic paints, and Distress inks. The shells were cut from the “b” side of Triton’s Shell. At first I thought I probably would not use the largest of the shells but I love how it worked in with the layout.

 



I have used 3 packs of gorgeous 49andMarket flowers to complete my embellishing of the page. I kept with the blues from the background paper. These are the Vintage Shades Botanical Potpourri Blends in Blue, Vintage Shades Clusters in Blue and for contrast I have used the Country Blooms in Mushroom, oh I love these colours together!! Finally to finish off my layout I added in some random stamping using two the of 49andMarket collections stamp set listed below for you with some archival ink and I did some dry brushing and add splatters of white gesso. I also decided to add in some art stones in differing sizes.









 Until next time take care and happy crafting .


 

Tina x 

Products Used from 49andMarket

 Vintage Artistry Tidepool  – In the Shallows

Vintage Artistry Shore – Tritons Shell 

Vintage Shades Clusters Blue 

Country Blooms in Mushroom 

Vintage Shades Botanical Blends Blue (not available)

49andMarket Stamp – Snapshots of yesterday 

49andMarket Stamp – Always Together 

 

Other Products Used

 

Dusty Attic Stencil – Fishnet

Dusty Attic Old Wooden Fence #2

Dusty Attic Barometer

Mould- Mariner’s Voyage

Art Extravagance Rust Effect Paste Brown Rust

Art Alchemy Opal Magic Wax

Art Basics 3D Gloss Gel

Art Extravagance Art Stones in 3 sizes

Eraldo di Paolo Artists Acrylic Paint – Bora Bora

1 comment:

  1. Wow you have done it again Tina!! really love this one too.. look at all the layers... wow... really beautiful layout. I hope you are keeping well!!

    ReplyDelete

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017