Saturday 28 September 2019

Summer Dream Dusty Attic Design Team Creation for September

Hello and a big warm welcome friends. I am with you here today to share a layout chockers blockers with Dusty Attic goodness at its best. What can I say but that I am probably one of the biggest fans of this chipboard. A layout is never complete without even a little of it. But today you are in for a treat. This project is titled "Summer Dream"........


This layout did not finish off where I thought it was going but I liked the outcome of it. I never know exactly what I am going to use when it comes to Dusty Attic. I will start with just the intention of using a few pieces and then just keep adding more and more until it feels right. But I always say you can never have too much Dusty Attic!


I started the layout off with tearing a sheet from 49and Market's Sweet Reflections collection and layered it over the top of a paper from the Cottage Life collection. These two just seemed to blend seamlessly. I added in some Dusty Attic Texture Paste through the Confetti Stencil. I also did some splattering of white acrylic paint too. I added in some colouring using a mint coloured acrylic paint. This I used arond the torn papers and the photo.


My chipboard Accents and Seaweed were inked with Walnut Stain Distress Inks and then whilst still a little wet I added in some random swipes of the mint acrylic paint and some Opal Liquid Pearls. The liquid pearls gives a pearlescent appearence fitting for a beach layout I think.


The chipboards you can see above have all been firstly primed with white gesso and then I covered them with a medium coverage of the Opal Liquid Pearls. 

You can see below which of the gorgeous pieces from Dusty Attic I have used for this project.


Iron Accent 2


Decorative Frame 2


Confetti Stencil #2


Seagrass Small


Seaweed #4


Mini Seagulls



I have also added in some art stones which were also coloured with the Liquid Pearls. I coloured some muslin with the mint acrylic paint and distressed this to add to sections of my clusters. Amongst the chipboard pieces I have added in some florals from 49andMarket along with a few Wishing Bubbles to complete the project. 

Well that is all from me today. I hope you have enjoyed my project. I will be back very soon but until then happy crafting and take care. 
Tina xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017