Wednesday 13 December 2017

"My happy place" - Dusty Attic Moodboard Creation for December 2017

Welcome and hello.
I hope that this blog post finds you well.
I am with you today to share my Moodboard inspired creation for The Dusty Attic for December. It is just gorgeous. I set to work pretty quickly after spying it on the facebook page. And of course I set about doing something a little beachy. I have also combined this with my design team work with 49andMarket using one of my favourite collections "Sand and Sea".

 
"My happy place"


For my creation I have used Sand and Sea paper from 49andMarket for my background. I did a little colouring with colours and Crackle Texture paste to help colour my paper a little more. With the left over mixture I dressed the Decorative Frame #3 which you can see below. Once it dried I added my photo to the back of it.

 

And to the back of this I then adhered the Ships Wheel medium. This piece of chippie was dressed in texture paste and ink.



So as you can see above I have used the awesome 3D embellishments from the collection of the same name. These are a perfect fit to this project and they add just a hint of that extra something. I have used the seaweed, the bubbles and oh the bottle....... I looooooove the bottle. What every good seaside layout should have is a bottle!


And you can see more of them below.... and the bottle of course !! ......


I have also added in some Dress my Craft beads.


This was my starting point. From here I added in some beautiful 49andMarket Floral Mixology flowers in champagne and Blue Hawaiin shades. I also added some of my own shells from my stash.





Working outwards from the decorative frame I added in a couple of the cute mini seagulls.



And then I ripped some pieces of the fish net panel and tucked them in and around the flower clustering.


And as you can see above I also added in some beautiful textured jute cording from 49andMarket. This is a really find cording which is perfect to lay over photos and frames. I added a little gesso to it too. 



And lastly I added in my title "My happy place " from the mini tabs #6 sheet. I adore these they are just perfect. This was simply dressed with a little white gesso and adhered to the base of my layout.


Well that is all from me today. I hope you will try your hand at this month's moodboard which I have left here for you below. Gorgeous isn't it ? You could win yourself $100 worth of Dusty Attic goodies. Simply create something using something from the moodboard which inspires you along with some Dusty Attic products and post it to the blog page before the end of December. Good luck !!



Hugs

Tina xo







No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017