Tuesday 31 January 2017

"Truly, Madly, Deeply" - Maja Desgn - DT Creation - January


A very warm welcome to the wonderful Maja Designs blog. It feels like it has been forever since I was last here. Today my family and I are going to a engagement dinner for a lovely young couple who, we as a family have grown with over the past few years. It is ever so sweet to see these two uniting. So I thought I would create a simple but elegant card for them to help celebrate their unity as a couple. 
 This is titled
 “Truly, Madly, Deeply”


When I first had the idea , I knew I wanted to create something very elegant but not too vintage as they are only a very young couple. I also wanted to keep it clean and crisp and I think I kept to my plan pretty much.


I had used the Vintage Romance collection previously with another creation and I had a few scraps leftover which is what I have used for this card. They are as below. I only used the strip from the bottom of Champagne which says “Truly, Madly, Deeply”. I cut and distressed this piece and used this to run through the middle of my embellishments. I have used both sides of  Happily Ever After and torn and layered these papers to a baby blue cardstock card measuring 4 inches x 9 inches. My favourite size at this present time. I think this size cards keeps things elegant and stylish.

Champagne bs
Happily Ever After 
             
Happily Ever After bs
                                                 



Love Notes
 and
Ephemera Notes
From the Ephemera Cards sheet I cut the doves and the hearts to help embellish my cards. I have also used the blue frame from Love Notes to sit under the doves and hearts as you can see below in the close-up photos.


I have used a beautiful motif that is an absolute favourite of mine. I have cut and extended this to fit under my ephemera. I have also added in a little cheesecloth along with some tiny blue roses and a couple of petals from a material flower.

I dusted over a little gesso to the flowers and other embellishments to keep it calming. Then a little Star Dust Stickles was wiped over areas included the hearts and doves of the ephemera piece. 


The card from another angle layered around some more gorgeous laces and motifs. This collection is a sure winner in my books. It is simply elegant! Well that is all from me today. I do hope that I have inspired you in some small way to create a little something for yourself or possibly a loved one.
A great excuse to create with Valentines Day only day away.
Until next time take care and happy crafting.

Tina xx


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017