Tuesday 10 March 2015

"Journey" to the 12 Apostles

A warm welcome to you. I hope wherever you live in the world that you are happy and well.
Today I have a Fabscraps Design Team share, using the new collection "Love 2 Travel".
I was so very excited when I opened my goodie box from Fabscraps to find this collection, not only for the travel aspect, but to find there were patterned papers for us Aussies!!!! And the background piece I have used for this is perfectly gorgeous.

The photo I have used for this layout, was one taken very recently on a family trip made to the 12 Apostles. This was something that I will never forget. Something that I will probably never see again as the Ocean Road trip was absolutely spectacular, but not one for those who get a little car sick on those winding roads. Once we were out of the car and seeing this view it was all forgotten.

I have titled this creation "Journey to the 12 Apostles" . I hope you like it!


I started off this layout by backing the Australia patterned paper with some Kraft cardstock and used some inking to highlight the edges.



I have used a mix of flowers from my stash in differing colours to co-ordinate with the papers.


The Fabscraps chipboard word "Journey was inked and inked some more. I then applied some Crackle Accents to highlight the word so it stood out from the layout.


Some layers of torn papers which have all been inked


I have used a Sizzix die to cut leaves/ branches for my flower cluster. These have been sprayed with Glimmermist and then inked randomly. Some were broken up into smaller pieces.


Here you can see the layers of torn papers. I added in a little Corrugated board to highlight areas of the page.


And of course a little cheesecloth to finish off the layout.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit here today. Please keep scrolling for the Materials List.

Thanks for visiting and have a very happy day!

Tina x




Materials Used:

Fabscraps Collection C73 "Love 2 Travel":

Fabscraps C73 004 Stripe x 1
Fabscraps C73 003 Australia x 1
Fabscraps DC73 001 Film Strip Frame
Fabscraps DC73 005 Amazing Journey - Word
Kraft Cardstock
Corrugated Board
Chipboard
Luggage Tag stained with Coffee
Jute
Tattered Angels Glimmermist - Walnut Gold
Tattered Angels Glimmermist - Timberline
Distress Ink - Black Soot
Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Cheesecloth
Prima Resin (Clock)
Various Flowers
Sizzix Die - Garden Greens


No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017