Wednesday 14 January 2015

"Summer Paradise"

Good morning wherever you may reside!! At present we are on our yearly holiday at our favourite location beside the beach. So it only seems logical to post a beach themed creation. A few days ago I posted "Beachside" which was created using the "Beach Affair" collection from Fabscraps. This layout titled "Summer Paradise" has been created using the same collection, this time a little less embellishing and a lot more mixed media. Not my usual style......but I like it! I hope you do too!


For this layout I used a lot of the Fabscraps chipboard "Beach Affairs" collection. I absolutely and totally love these pieces. I have dressed them up with gesso and inks and a little bit of crackle accents.........my fave thing to use!

I have added in some more netting as you can see here. I have also used doubled up twine which I have wrapped around the Fabscraps Chipboard Anchor. And you can see very clearly here the painted on inks on the background that I have used to tie in with the photo. Had to do a little mixing of colours to match............


I just love this lighthouse chippie.......thankyou Fabscraps! Again I have done some painting with my inks to colour this piece and the same for the title.


A collection of shells is always made on our holiday stay at our beach location. These shells were from our last stay and I love to use them on my layouts to try and capture the story behind the photo. 
And if you look closely at the Anchor here you will see the crackling effect made using Crackle Accents. It also accentuates the inking colours.


Well that is all from me today. I hope you have enjoyed your stay here today.
I will be back again real soon........stay tuned.

Happy scrapping!

Tina x



Materials Used:

Fabscraps Collection C72 "Beach Affair":

Fabscraps C72 003 x 1
Fabscraps C72 008 x 1
Fabscraps DC 72 005 Summer Paradise Chipboard
Fabscraps DC 72 011 Lighthouse & Shells Chipboard
Fabscraps DC 72 008 Anchor & Wheel
Fabscraps
Fish netting
Flowers
Twine
Cheesecloth
Crackle Accents
Distress Ink Rusty Hinge
Versa Color Ink (Bisque, Royal Blue and Umber)
Gesso

Instructions:

  1. Take Fabscraps C72 003 (using Striped side) and tear around halfway. Adhere to C72 008 and ink edges with Distress Stain Rusty Hinge. Using a sea sponge gesso through tear and downwards about 8 cm below where photo will sit. Apply white cheesecloth through centre using clear drying adhesive. Using a paintbrush apply ink (Versa Bisque) and (Umber) using a little water as you go. Apply gesso with paintbrush over the top to dull down colours. Dry.
  2. Paint netting with gesso and dry. Apply gesso to all Fabscraps chipboards. Paint the lighthouse alternating panels with Royal Blue ink and a little water. Ink all edges with Rusty Hinge and apply Crackle Accents with finger to highlight some areas. The title has been inked with Bisque and Royal Blue and then crackled.
  3. Apply gesso with a dry brush technique and leave to dry. Ink shells if need be with a little Rusty Hinge distress ink.
  4. To start embellishing Mount a 4 x 6 inch portrait photo and frame with chipboard frame overlapping it and adhere to layout. Wrap doubled up twine through and around anchor and mount and adhere to right bottom of photo. Lighthouse sits at left of photo and is tucked under photo a little.Adhere title over photo and lighthouse as shown.
  5. Complete by embellishing the layout with flowers, shells, netting and a little tea dyed cheesecloth in and around layout.
  6. Your layout is now complete. Just hang and frame!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017