Hi there,,,,,Happy New Year and welcome back.
I know it has been a little while between posts but be assured I have been busily scrapping away for this years Fabscraps CHA booth.
Fabscraps will be releasing 3 new ranges in Anaheim this week and I am so thrilled to have been able to create with them all. I have had endless hours of fun with these collections and I am still scrapping away with more to come!!
My first share is from Fabscraps first newly released "Beach Affair" collection. Love everything about this range!!And I had the perfect photo to start the ball rolling with, so to say.
This photo of my gorgeous girl Cydne has been tucked away in a safe spot and every now and then I pull it out, but it has just never really suited anything until now!!
So I would like to show you my layout titled "Beachside".
For this layout I have used a lot of layering with torn and distress papers from the "Beach Affair" collection.
My box of goodies from Fabscraps included lots of beautiful little charms. The lighthouse you can see above is one of them.....soooooo cute. I have simply given it a coat of gesso and randomly inked over it to make it pop a little.
I have also included lots of shells and a piece of coral that was collected from Forster on our holiday stay there. You will even find some sand hanging from the fish netting in some places on the page.
And not a Fabscraps addition but an op shopping addition. Bought a scrabble board game a few months back and have been eagerly awaiting to use them. Dry brushed them with a little gesso to give a whitewash beachy feel.
Another Fabscraps charm......the anchor with the addition of more shells and a little hand dyed cheesecloth.
And the Fabscraps Chipboard Sailing Wheel. All the chippie pieces in this collection are simply stunning and so very easy to use. I hope you have enjoyed your visit here. If you keep scrolling you will find a materials list and an instructional step by step for "Beachside".
Until next time happy scrapping.
Fabscraps Collection C72 "Beach Affair":Fabscraps C72 003 x 1
Fabscraps C72 004 x 1
Fabscraps C72 008 x 1
Fabscraps DC 72 008 Chipboard Anchor & Wheel
Fabscraps Anchor Charm
Scrabble Board Alpha Pieces
Assorment of Flowers
Cardstock Navy x 1
Cardstock Rust Orange x 1
Distress Ink - Rusty Hinge and Weathered Wood
1. Distress and layer both pieces of cardstock and adhere with navy sitting to the back. Trim C72 008, 1/2 cm top and one side, distress and ink. Adhere to base. Tear C72 004 so you have a piece sitting at top and bottom.
2. Take C72 003 and cut photo mat for a 5 x 7 inch portrait photo. Distress and ink and adhere photo atop. Mat again with Navy cardstock. With remaining C72 003 make strips of torn pieces and adhere randomly top and bottom of layout layering under C72 004 as shown in layout.
3. Take Fabscraps chipboard wheel and gesso with 2 coats. Ink randomly with Distress inks rusty hinge and weathered wood. Dry brush flowers and scrabble tiles with gesso also. Gesso fish netting and Fabscraps charms (lighthouse and anchor) and dry. Ink charms with distress inks and dry. Please note: when gesso was applied to netting I sprinkled over a little sand to give more texture and left to dry properly.
4. It's time to start embellishing starting with fish netting and then overlapping photo mat.
5. With torn papers tuck little bits of dyed cheesecloth in using clear drying glue. Adhere wheel to left of the photo using mounting foam. Further embellish with flowers, shells, coral, a little more netting cut into smaller pieces and your Scrabble pieces (garage sale buy!!). Ink the outside and layers a little more with rusty hinge ink and you are finished.
6. Your layout is now ready to frame and hang!