Thursday 20 September 2018

We remember moments.... 49andMarket and Dusty Attic Design Team Creation

 Hello and welcome.  This project today titled "We remember moments" was created using the gorgeous Dusty Attic moodboard for this month. I have it below for you to see. And remember there is still time for you to create something to share with us all to win the fabulous prizes up for grabs. The only thing you need to do is create a project using inspiration from the moodboard and also Dusty Attic products. 



See I told you it was stunning.......









                                           The colours of the greens, browns and orange, quickly made me look for a photo from our trips to the local creek where we would go fishing for red claw. It usually always meant we left empty handed, but the memories we made and took away were many.
My background work for this project was started using the 49andMarket Vintage Artistry collection. This patterned piece titled "Tattered" was primed and stenciled with my current favourite Stencil "River Stones" with Crackle Texture Paste which worked perfectly with my photo. I coloured my page using Rusting Powders and Acrylic Paint (Pesto and Bisque). From there I used a piece of 49andMarket's Rusty Autumn's, "Charming",and cut this to mat my sanded photo.                                     



I used Gabi's Etheral acrylic script stamp to do some random stamping on my background with Walnut Stain distress ink.






So my Dusty Chipboards were all dressed a little differently for this project. Whilst I used the Rusting Powder on my background stencilling I also used it on the medium sized Baroque Circle Frame. I always use a sticky embossing powder firstly to make sure that the rusting powder doesn't fall away when it dries. I think this is a pretty important step when doing this. You can of course just use a gesso or acrylic paint for your rusting powder to attach to but it can discolour your rusting powder or even not work at all. Ensure you give the rusting powder an even spritz of white vinegar and leave to dry for a half hour or so. Of course if you leave it overnight you will get an even better result. Sometimes I even do this 2 or 3 times to give a thicker and more random textures. After it is completely dried I wiped over Dusty In Colour Pesto and then some Dusty in Colour Bisque. I have even sanded sections to give a more rustic look.

Dusty Attic Rusting Powder 

Dusty In Colour Bisque
Dusty in Colour Pesto


I have used an assortment of 49andMarket flowers to compliment my page. Some of these were changed up with the acrylic paints as previously mentioned.

Blossom Blends - Aloe

Floral Mixology - Mudslide

Stargazers Lemon Drop



You can find all the Dusty chipboards used here at : http://www.dustyattic.com.au/

Mini Ornate Frames
My mini ornate frame was covered with two layers of Crackle Paste in white and then covered randomly with the acrylic Pesto. The excess was wiped away with a baby wipe.
Baroque Circle Frame Set

Foliage #7
I covered the foliage above with Distress Ink  - Walnut Stain. I then randomly added accents of Bisque and Pesto Acrylic paint on sections of the foliage. I repeated the same technique for my Sentimental quote below.

Quoted Sentiments #1

Well my friends, that is all from me today. I do hope you enjoyed your visit here and also my moodboard inspired project. 
Until next time take care and happy scrapping. xx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017