Tuesday 18 July 2017

"You are awesome"- Maja Design / Dusty Attic Design Team creation

Hello and welcome . Tina Ollett back with you today to share a layout I have titled...............

"You are Awesome"......

2017-07-18 You are awesome 019 (1024x1016)

Doing pretty layouts with copious amounts of flowers and embellishments is my go to thing for most projects, but today because this is mainly a masculine paper collection, I have opted to use a photo of my son who is quite happy not to be the centre of attention ever, especially in my scrapbooking, but today it is! I captured this photo of him a number of years ago whilst we were on holidays at the Great Barrier Reef. We were on our way out to the reef on a very windy day and he was so very excited to be going snorkeling. The photo says it all.

2017-07-18 You are awesome 012 (1024x768)

I decided to keep this layout very simple with layering of all this fabulous collection. Of course I love to use woodgrain patterns to custom make the design for my yummy Dusty Attic chipboards and photo to sit. I used 2 sheets of Wood to create this using the first for the background page.

2017-07-18 You are awesome 014 (768x1024)

Once the wood panelling was completed I intertwined each Notepad Edge through around and under the panelling.

Denim-P

2017-07-18 You are awesome 016

Autumn-Basics-P

I have also added in the bs of Leather ( I also love polkadots) as a square frame to sit all of the cut wood to sit upon. And over this I have cut sections of Stonewashed to lay over this. My photo is also matted with Stonewashed.
 I have also used sheets of papers from the Vintage Autumn Basics collection, cutting some of the hot air balloons for embellishments to add to my project.
And now to get to the really good stuff......embellishing the page with Dusty!!! No layout is ever complete in my mind without the addition of chipboards. For my project I decided to use the Notepad Edge Frame. I used two of the circular frames to help highlight my photo. I have also used two of the straight Notepad Edge pieces. These were simply inked with Distress Ink and then I randomly wiped a little of Dusty in Colour Faded Denim to help it pop and co-ordinate with my beautiful papers.



12 x 12 Notepad Edge Frames Circle  DA1573

I chose to use the Word Pack #33 for the title "Awesome". This is a fabulous font chipboard. I feel it give the layout movement. It was dressed in gesso and a little Dusty Attic Varnish.


Word Pack #33 DA1448


Dusty In Colour Faded Denim DA0913

2017-07-18 You are awesome 015

I have also used lots of yummy Dusty Attic chipboards to emphasise my photo. These were inked and painted and layered amongst the layers of papers to allow more dimension to my layout.
Well that is all from me today. I hope you enjoyed your visit. Remember to return tomorrow for another Design Team creation. Until then take care and happy crafting. xxx




Tina-Ollett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017