Tuesday 13 September 2016

"Special" Guest Designer for Maja Design - September 2016


Hello and welcome. Today I have a little exciting news to share with you. I was asked by the lovely Camilla from Maja Design to contribute as Guest Designer for September. I feel extremely honoured to have been considered for this. And for those that know me and my style.....Maja Design suits me down to the ground. So with my beautiful beautiful goodies box I chose the Nyhavn collection. The softeness of these papers cried out to be used with photos that have a beautiful memory attached. This is a photo of my gorgeous daughter with my eldest brother. He really is the biggest kid!! Whenever my kids are around him they continually pester him for piggy back rides!
This is one of those times that I happened to have the camera out. 

I have titled this "Special"......
I hope you enjoy it!


I used Maja's Nyhavn "Strolling along the Canal" for my background piece only adding a little stencilling with texture paste and a sprinkling of silver embossing powder. 


I also used Nyhavn's Romantic Lunch b side as my matting. It has been torn and jigsawed together creating a diamond shape over which I then layered two matted black and white photo's. I sanded the photos and matting pieces and coloured the edges with a little of Dusty Attic's Sugar Plum acrylic paint.


My other Dusty Attic chipboards have been either heat embossed in silver or dressed in White Crackle Paste with a wash of watered down Sugar Plum acrylic paint and a little gesso.


Pearls have been added to the pendants and flower centres and I have also sprinkled in some silver Prills to highlight the Baroque Corners which I have faced back to back and placed under the photos.


And another view of the flower cluster full of Prima Marketing Inc. goodies.


I have so enjoyed working with these papers and I really think you will too!!


Maja Design
Nyhavn Limited Edition Collection - Strolling Along the Canal


Maja Design
Nyhavn Limited Edition Collection - Romantic Lunch bs


Materials Used

Maja Design Nyhavn Limited Edition Collection:

 - Strolling Along the Canal
and
- Romantic Lunch bs


Dusty Attic Ornate Frame #1
Dusty Attic Creative Script Stencil
Dusty Attic Elegant Chain DA1453
Dusty Attic Word Strips
Dusty Attic Mini Clocks
Dusty Attic Mini Birds #3
Dusty Attic Baroque Corners
Dusty Attic Vintage Nameplate
Dusty Attic Wordpack 33
Dusty Attic Word Strips
Dusty Attic Acrylic Paint - Sugar Plum
Silver Embossing Powder
Liquitex White Gesso
Prima Marketing Resin Frame
Prima Marketing Inc. Flowers
Prima Marketing Inc. Flowers
Prima Crackle Paste
Pearls
Ranger Star Dust Stickles
Ranger Texture Paste
Distress Ink Victorian Velvet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017