Hello again. Hope you are having a great day!! Today I am sharing another Design Team creation for Fabscraps. It is the second of my creations using Royal Baby. This collection I think has something for everyone. Those that know me well know that I love to create shabby chic/ vintage. But this time I have changed it up a notch. Shocked....... I suppose I was a little when I finished this. It is a very clean but I suppose pretty page. Lots of hand-sewing!! I always like to add some degree of difficulty to my creations and goodness know why I am so time deprived!! I think I like to drag the creativity time out!! I do spend a lot of time sitting and waiting for my 3 children at after-school activities so it helps fill in my time.
So okay, this layout was scrapped using a fave photo that my little sis actually took the day my eldest daughter came home from the hospital. I remember so clearly the day before, my then 18month old son - Hayden declared to all and sundry that she would not be coming home with us. So when we got home this is the first thing he wanted to do.....yes give her lots of cuddles!! So precious.
"Love you Always"
The base paper has been punched an embroidered and I have used a lot of embossing on this layout.
The cloud chipboards in this collection are really so cute. In this chipboard pack you will find raindrops to go with the clouds.....but I wanted to change it up a little and have the clouds raining hearts so I made these little hearts using a stencil!! I was a little surprised when it worked out. I will share this with you in the instructions below.
The teddy's in this range are just adorable...gives this layout a cuteness factor! And again the measuring tapes....I think I have a thing about them...looooooooooove them.
I have used a sizzix die to cute the chipboard word Love. This has also been powder embossed.
I have included a materials list and detailed instructions below......keep scrolling for these.
Well I hope you have enjoyed this today. If you have any questions at all you can message me on my facebook account or just leave a message here.
Until next time....happy scrapping.
Fabscraps - Royal Baby Collection
1 x Royal Teddy C70 004
1 x Baby Books C70 003
Fabscraps Cloud Tags and Scalloped Round Tag DC70 010
Fabscraps Royal Baby Collection Journal (measuring tape)
Martha Stewart - Around the Page Punch (Cherish)
Sizzix Die - Love
Various Acrylic Stamps
Archival Ink - Watering Can
Embossing Powders (Silver, Peach and White)
Embellishing Flowers and leaves
- Take grey cardstock base and from the centre cut a 10cm x 14cm photo mat. Distress this and also the outside of what will be your base. Cut a 8.1cm x 12cm photo mat from the peach cardstock and distress. Adhere the photo atop of this.
- Take paper titled "Baby Books" and trim. Ensure that it measures exactly 12 inches x 12 inches. Use punch around the page punch of your choice or Cherish. From the centre of this cut a 13.8cm x 9.8cm photo mat and distress.
- Embroider the framework and distress edge lightly. Adhere framework to distressed Grey Cardstock base.
- Take paper titled Royal Teddy and Trim 3.5cm from top and 3.5cm from one side.Keep the strips for later. Distress square and adhere to the centre of the base. Emboss frameworks and flourishes as shown in layout with either silver or white powders. In all I have stamped 3 oval frames and 3 flourishes.
- Cut out grey measuring tapes from journal book.
- With the remaining strips from Royal Teddy cut a teddy out and with the other cut into 12.7cm strips (3). Start building your matting for photo. Grey photo mat...baby books....royal teddy strips....and peach photo mat with photo. Once together adhere to the right top of layout as shown. Tuck in a cut up measuring tape to the right of photo matting. Another to top right of layout and two coming out from left embossed framework. Curl ends on one of these.
- Take your cloud chippies and cover thickly with gesso trying to leave peaks of texture. Leave overnight to dry. Ink randomly with little archival potting mix. Also add a little silver embossing powder and heat set. Adhere these two clouds as shown in layout.
- Title: Cut a title using chipboard. Emboss with peach coloured powder.
- Heart Embellishments: to make these use an old piece of cardstock. Lay a heart stencil over the top and wipe over a good thickness of texture paste. Remove stencil and sprinkle silver embossing powder and shake off excess. Leave to dry a while but while still a little wet heat set. It will bubble a lot but this is okay. Leave to dry for a while and then cut the heart from the cardstock and there you have your own little homemade hearts. I did a couple of large hearts with some white embossing powders.
- Dry brush your flowers with some white gesso to dull them down a little. and now you can start embellishing your page with all the pretties. Don't forget to add the little royal teddy....he is so cute!!!
- You are now finished just frame and hang!!