Friday 31 July 2020

"Beachy" 49andMarket Design Team Creation

Hi there crafty friends. So glad to see you back here joining me today with my newest creation for 49andMarket.
This project I have titled “Beachy”.
 

 
I am so very lucky to have received the latest new release collection of Vintage Artistry Shore just in time for this blogpost. I cannot tell you how much this collection means to me. It is quite often that we see the beach collections using the blues and browns, but very rarely does it branch out into the greens of the deep oceans and reds of the corals that we have everywhere here in our beautiful barrier reef. So I was more than happy to see these colours being used for this collection. 

I did some digging to find the perfect photo as I always do and I can tell you it took me longer to choose a photo ( of which I had so many that co-ordinated perfectly) than it did to create the layout. Crazy stuff ! But I was so very happy when my oldest daughter gave me a helping hand to choose. It really made the decision making so much easier.
 
We decided on this photo of my son who will turn 21 in the upcoming week. When the children were younger the beach was where we spent a lot of time. These days not so much, but back then it was regular visits to our favourite spots. And digging was a huge part of our time spent on the beach.


 
So for my project today I decided to do something without flowers and to concentrate on embellishing with the fabulous laser cut elements from the collection pack. I used Triton’s Shell from the 12 x 12 Collection pack. I love this piece. The detail is amazing. I primed it with clear gesso firstly then added in a small amount of crackle paste texture through a Dusty Attic Fishnet Stencil. I also added a little of the crackle in freehand for more texture. When this was dry I made
a mix of water with Distress Ink Rusty Hinge and painted over some of the stark whiteness to dull it down a little.

 
I made layers with the Cover page of Vintage Artistry Shore using both sides of the paper. These pieces were heavily distressed and layered up with lots of dimension using old chipboard in between some of the layers. Once I adhered this to my background page I added in some distressed pieces of the 49andMarket Burlap netting. This I find to be the best to distress. I also add a little crackle over this  and then sprinkled on some art stones and also some decorative sand that I picked up at the dollar store. 
This actually looks like sand so it was a great find. Once I had the basics down
I went to work on embellishing with the Laser Cut sheets from the collection. There are two 12 x 12 sheets in each of these collections. So much to choose from. It makes it hard to decide. I added in the plants and also some of the fish which I though were just so cute. I also added in a few of the shells.

 
Lastly I added in some stamping using the stamp set from the same collection. I chose the word “Beach” which I used down the right side of the layout for my title. I also added in some random stamping of different shells around the project. I further coloured my project with more gesso and Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.




 


Well that is me for another blog post. I hope you enjoyed seeing the new collection and my project inspired by all of these fabulous new release products. Until next time take care and happy crafting.
 
Tina Marie – forever&always ...

 
 
49andMarket Products used:
 
 
Other Products Used
 
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Rusty Hinge
Finnabair Art Ingredients Art Stones in varying sizes https://tinamarie.com.au/product/finnabair-art-ingredients-mini-art-stones/

Decorative Sand

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tina.. How are you? I hope you are keeping well.. wow this is stunning, it looks like the beach has spilled onto your page from the photo... really love the textures and colors too... another fav.. love beach pages... take care stay well...

    ReplyDelete

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017