Saturday 15 August 2020

"To the moon and back" 49andMarket DT project

Hello 49andMarket friends and welcome . I am back with you today to share a pretty purple project. With Father’s Day just around the corner I thought I would do a project using a special photo of my youngest daughter and husband. And although this photo is less than clear, I still really wanted to use it because of the special moment captured between them. I find reducing the size of the photo helps this problem. So that is what I did. I have titled this project "To the moon and back".


I have used 49andMarket’s Vintage Artistry Colours in Lilac. Oh my goodness this is by far one of my favourite collections. Purple was never my go to colour but these days, purple really sparks my creativity. I started my base background off by tearing papers from both Ingénue and the Mystique patterned papers. I layered Mystique through the middle of Ingénue leaving the the white core from the tearing showing outwards. I primed the background with Liquitex clear gesso, and added in crackle texture through a Dress My Craft Stencil and then using the leftovers from Ingénue and Mystique I cut differing sized pieces to layer beneath my black and white photo. I also added in some pieces from the Gestural patterned paper sheet.



 
I have also added in some crackle paste, free hand around the edges of the background page to soften it a little. While I still had the crackle out, I dressed my Dusty Attic ATC frames and Elegant frame chipboard pieces in it giving each a very thick layer of crackle. Once these pieces dried I added in the leftover papers to the back of the frames. I also used a MDF frame from iCraft. The orange of the MDF worked really well with this project so I left the wooden element free of media. I cut it into three pieces and then added these and the other chipboards to my project. Amongst these embellishments I added in the gorgeous laser cuts from the Irrevocable Beauty collection. They matched perfectly to this project. I used these pieces and layered them amongst the chipboards and then I also added in the gorgeous Violet colour from 49andMarket’s Wildflowers and the Mint from the Enchanted Petals collection.


 
I decided I still needed a little something more so I added in some gorgeous lace from my collection and threaded through the measuring tape strip from the bottom of the “Ingénue” sheet. These pieces I find are great for that little extra. Moving along to complete my project I did a little random stamping using two of 49andMarket’s stamp sets which are listed below. I added some stardust stickles to the Laser Cut flower centres and the little Grasshopper, (isn’t he the cutest) I find this helps them shine a little more. I also stained a length of muslin with coffee and dried it off a little. This was used to help highlight areas of the project that were not popping. Finishing touches were some orange seed beads and dry brushing with white gesso.








Well that is my project completed and ready to showcase in our living area. I hope you have enjoyed my project today. Thankyou so much for popping by. Until next time take care and happy crafting.
 
Tina x
 

Products Used
 
49andMarket Vintage Artistry Colours Lilac –
49andMarket Enchanted Petals Mint - https://tinamarie.com.au/product/enchanted-petals-mint/
49andMarket Stamp Set Always Together 
49andMarket Stamp Set Gabi’s Ethereal 
49andMarket Stamp Set Irrevocable Beauty Stamp Set

Other Products Used
Dress My Craft Stencil n/a 

4 comments:

  1. oh this is sooo beautiful.. all the lace and layers and blooms.. really love this one.. hope you are keeping well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lizzy !! Thankyou so much for your kind comments. Yes we are all doing well here, and you ?? Big hugs my beautiful friend xo

      Delete
  2. So beautiful for this wonderful moment !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Corine, Thankyou so much for stopping by and your kind comment. So glad you like this project. Big hugs x

      Delete

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017