Wednesday 25 December 2019

"Timeless" 49andMarket Design Team Creation

Hi there friends and Merry Christmas to you all. I do hope your day was filled with everything wonderful and that lots of special memories made with your loved ones. Well here in Australia we have been struggling through excessive heat and in some places fires. So for me doing a festive layout was a tad little offbeat with all that is happening here. So I decided on something relaxing and serene. A beach layout. This is “Timeless”.
 

 
I have chosen to use 49andMarket’s “Seaside” collection to create with. Lots of gorgeous blue hues with subtle hints of purple and some green. So I chose a pic of my son and our dog’s. Some of you may think that you have seen this photo before. But this is not so. You will have seen a similar photo from the same series of photos taken on this special day. The first ever day that I dogs had been to a beach and in the middle of our winter which really isn’t so cold here. They of course were only puppies and are now so much bigger and 7 years old. Starting off with my layout I tore papers from “Whales Tales” and “Seaside Cottage”. I added in some texture using a Fishnet stencil and texture paste. I also added in some gorgeous embossing powders in blues and golds to keep with the colours of my layout.
 

 
My photo edges were sanded gently and then placed up on some more torn papers and adhered to the centre of my layout. I added in a gorgeous Decorative Chipboard frame and some rope encircling the photo to bring the focus back to the photo. The chipboard frame was dressed in gesso and Distress Inks. The rope was highlighted using a little white gesso.
 

 
I used the sheet of beautiful  Laser Cuts from the collection to help with embellishing my layout. These were placed in and around the photo and on top of some extra shells and other beach finds that I had in my stash. To complete my beach themed layout I added in a mix of flowers from differing collections. The Country Blooms in Mushroom is my complete favourite. This colour is just gorgeous and I think was the perfect fit to compliment my layout.
 

 
A touch of dry brushing was made to the flowers and other embellishments to help pull the page together. I also added in a little colour around the clusters using Distress Inks and water.
Well that is all from me today. I hope you have enjoyed my beach themed layout and of course your festive celebrations. See you again very soon.
 
Tina
 
49andMarket Products Used
Seaside
Seaside Laser Cuts
Country Blooms – Mushroom
Blossom Blooms Sandcastle
Snapshot of Yesterday Acrylic Stamp Set
Archival Board – Timeless
 
Other Products
Rope
Blue/Gold Embossing Powders
Dusty Attic Fishnet Stencil
Dusty Attic Texture Paste
Dusty Attic Decorative Chipboard #2
Miscellaneous Shells
Miscellaneous Cotton Petals
Liquitex Clear and White Gesso
Distress Inks Gathered Twigs, Walnut Stain, Weathered Wood
 
 
 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Sigh... this is gorgeous... really beautiful.. I love the photo and how it seems to blend in with the back ground.. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and I send you my best wishes for a wonderful New Year.. all the best for 2020! (seems crazy to even write it already!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know right?? 20202 Welcome to a New Year Lizzy !! As always my biggest thanks for popping by and always taking the time to be here. Means so much. I hope you are well and that your Christmas was a very special one. Teen xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely layout! Perfect symmetry, you really nailed it 👏👏

    ReplyDelete

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017