Wednesday 18 December 2019

"My Gentleman" Brand Ambassador project for Dress My Craft

Hi there Dress My Craft friends. Tina Ollet Brand Ambassador for this fabulous company is  back here with you today to share my next featured Gentleman's collection project for the month.

You can find more of my work on my :
Facebook page here:https://www.facebook.com/tina.ollett
Instagram Page here:https://www.instagram.com/tinaollett/
You Tube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBc4tvehDx8kGIXIsSPYQEg

 This project has been titled "Remember".


I chose to use a vintage family photo to help create my layout page. These two little boys we are still trying to decide how old they were in the photo. I am sure we will figure it out one day soon. 
My starting point was to adjust and fix the photo as it was a very dark colour. I used some tools in photoshop just to tweak it a little bit and tone down the sepia. 



I have used the Dress My Craft's amazing "My Gentlemen" collection kit in the 12 x 12 Set to layer my background pieces. I chose 3 or 4 pieces from the collection to start off with.

I have used Dress My Craft's Circle Chain Border punch to add more interest to my layout. I really love this punch and to be quite honest it is some time since I have used a punch on my work. So I think in future layouts this could be my added go to piece.
All of my papers were primed with Clear Gesso. I added in Dress My Crafts Swirls Stencil firstly. I made a mix of Gold Crackle Texture Paste with Rust Paste and added it through the stencil. I heat set the media and then coloured over the top with a Black Gesso. Once dry I wiped over this using some Opal Wax Magic.
I also added in a little random stamping using distress ink in Frayed Burlap. I moved along to cut some matting for my gorgeous photo. I took some pieces from the tea coloured pages. These papers are just gorgeous. The background details are a perfect fit for any masculine or vintage styled project. I distressed inked and punched the edges on some of these mats. I also added in a couple of pieces of black cardstock to help with the layers. This really made my photo pop which is always my aim in scrapbooking. Highlighting the photo really is the most important thing to me.


I adhered my photo to the project a little off centre. I made use of some old burlpap twine that was sitting nearby on a desk. This was wrapped around the project to help yet again draw the eye to the photo. I tied it off in a bow and then set to work cutting a few little images from the coordinating A4 motif sheets that come with this collection pack. 

I cut a couple of the cute little cards with the Kings and also a large crown. To these I added Crackle Accents along with ink around the edges. These you can see to the right of the photo.
And next to the cards I added the pocket watch. I added a Papermagiclay mould over the top of the pocket watch. This was coloured using Rust paste and some acrylic in black. I adhered this to the pocket watch and then filled the centre with a little Crackle Accents and then I sprinkled some Copper Mix Sequins from Dress My Craft into the crackle whilst still wet.  


Below you can see the colours from the stenciling done to the background of the page. I really love this stencil. A great addition to vintage styled creations for sure. 



You will also see the addition of other moulds and chipboards. These were all dressed in black gesso and rust pastes. For good measure I added in a couple of flowers that were coloured similarly to the layout. Also above you can see the circle border punch that was used to help create the layers.

Finishing off my project I added in some flower pearls around my layout along with some white splatters of gesso mixed down with water. 




And from another angle. I do hope you have enjoyed this project that I have created for you today.


Products Used from Dress My Craft

Non Stick Craft Mat
Guillotine Paper Trimmer
My Gentleman Collection Pack
My Gentleman Motif Collection Pack
Circle Border Punch
Swirls Stencil
Flower Pearls Blue
Copper Mix Sequins





No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017