Friday 19 March 2021

"The journey of a thousand miles" Combined Design Team creation for Maja Design and The Dusty Attic

Hello friends. I am finally back here today to share a new project with you. 
This I have titled "The journey of a thousand miles".


Just when I think I have run out of photos I find yet another file hiding away deep amongst my hardrives. The time I spend finding the right photo however, could have been well spent on creating the layout. Back when my children were young we use to visit our local creek, The Grosvenor. It wasn't that it was filled with yabbies (which is why we went), for me it was the memories that we created there. And I do remember this day quite well, because we actually caught some, and of course put them straight back. 
So my project for today was always going to be a little grungy. I used last month's Dusty Attic Moodboard for my inspiration. Sometimes using a mooboard helps me immensely and I often go back to my older favourite moodboards to give me that inspiration.
Last months moodboard. 


I have used a combination of Maja Designs papers to start off my background. Some were torn and some distressed quite heavily. 

So because it showcases my son, I decided to create with the blue and brown tones with additional highlights of grey and black. I started out by tearing Miles Apart's "Stay Home". It was the base of this that was torn. I wanted to keep those cute balloons to complete the scene. To the base of this I added in an older piece but a huge favourite for me from the Autumn Basics collection, No.XXI. I adhered these two together and then added over some textures using the Brick stencil from Dusty Attic.





Vintage Autumn Basics XXI


                                                                       Brick Stencil

 Over the stenciled texture I coloured in the edges of the bricks using Distress Inks in the colours of Walnut Stain and Black Soot. I also did a little random stamping using a numbers stamp and Archival Ink in the colour of Watering Can. Once this was dried I then added in some 49andMarket rub-ons in a navy colour to match my papers and photo.


My photo's edges were sanded and behind my photo I built dimension by adding in layers of distressed randomly cut papers from my leftover Maja Design selection.

To create the dimension I added old chipboard outers in between my paper layers. 


Now for the chipboards. I had this fishing net pack that I have totally loved for so long and I felt it just fit perfectly with my photo. I dressed it in Walnut Stain Distress ink very randomly and then over the top of this I added in some Viva Decor Inka Gold. I did the same with the Circle Chain Set as well. 


Circle Chain Set


Fishing Nets


For my larger chipboard frame I have used the piece Floral Frame Set #2 (the large frame was used). This was primed with clear gesso firstly and then I added in a hit miss dressing of relief paper paste. Over this I added in a little Distress Ink in Walnut Stain. This colours the paper paste with a vintage cream colouring perfectly. I then cut the piece in half and placed it over itself layering up between it using some handmade acetate leaves.


Floral Frame Set 2

I used a quote from the Quoted Sentiments pack #4. I coloured it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and Relief Paper and Viva Decor Inka Gold to make the engraved writing pop. I then cut it in half and laid it at the base of my project. 


Quoted Sentiments #4

To finish my project I added in some fussy cut hot air balloons from my remaining paper. I added in a few florals from 49andMarket along with some art stones and miscellaneous ephemera pieces.







Well I will leave you here. I hope you enjoyed my project and I will be back shortly with some more. 

Until next time,

Teen x







2 comments:

  1. Another AMAZING layout Tina. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh woweeee this looks amazing! Love it.. always love what you create.. stunning layout.. I hope you are well!!!

    ReplyDelete

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017