Tuesday 2 February 2021

"Forevermore" Design Team creation for 49andMarket

 "Forevermore"



Hello and a very warm welcome back to the blog today. I am here to share a beachy themed layout with you using some gorgeous new release and about to be released products. I received a box full of goodies this week and the Rub-ons were what I looked for first. And when I came by the Vintage Artistry Sky / Navy Rub-On pack I instantly was drawn to this colour combination. And there you have it, my inspiration to create this layout. It sometimes is the most simple of things that can bring inspiration and I was more than welcoming of this as I have felt a little lacking in mojo this past month.




I have used Paper 1 from the Vintage Artistry's Collectors Volume 1 using the b side of it. The "a" side of this piece is just amazing so I hope next time around I will use it. I teamed this up with the navy piece from the not yet released Vintage Artistry Anywhere collection backer card. All I can say is OMG ! These were the perfect match. I made lots of layers with both of these pieces along with ephemera from the Vintage Artistry Sky Collage Stack. They were all distressed very heavily and layered up on some old board. I popped my 4 x 6 inch landscape photo on top of this. 



My background page was primed with clear gesso and texture was added using a bubble stencil and relief paste. I also added in a little crackle paste freehand and allowed it to dry. Once everything was dried (and it is important to ensure it is entirely dry for the next step.) I added in lots of the rub-ons from the Sky/Navy Rub-ons. There really is an exceptional amount of variety in each of these rub-on packs. It is just amazing. I think all in all I probably only used one sheet. I focused on the splatters and the script writing with splatters as well as a half doily for this project. I did use some of the sequins and also I chose to use the word "forevermore" for my title but if you look closely around the layout you will see I used some more words from the rub-ons pack. 












Dusty Attic Ships Wheel






Following on from this I started with adding in some flowers using a variety from the Sugar Posies, Enchanted Petals, and Blossom Blends collections. I used the darker blues from the Sugar Posies Blue Raspberry pack and changed the colour up a little more to deepen the blue so it co-ordinated with the rub-ons. To do this I simply prime my flowers with a clear gesso and dry and then add a light coat of an acrylic or chalk paint. Sometimes a couple of coats are needed but only if you are using a totally different colour to the flower. I also added in a Dusty Attic chipboard Ships Wheel along with some handmade mould flourishes from my stash. These were cut into sections and added to my clusters of flowers to the base of the photo. To finish off my layout I also added in fish netting and some shells from my beachfinds collection and of course some art stones. I dry brushed my layout to keep with the shabby beach feel of my project. 





I am so glad that you took the time to pop by today.... thank you! I hope you enjoyed my project. 
Take care and until next time happy crafting. 




Tina xx


Products Used

Vintage Artistry Sky Rub-On Transfers Sky/Navy
Paper 1 from the Vintage Artistry Collectors Volume 1
Vintage Artistry Anywhere Backer Sheet
Vintage Artistry Sky Collage Stack
Sugar Posies Blue Raspberry
Enchanted Petals - Sea Glass
Blossom Blends - Sea Breeze


Other Embellishments and Medias
Liquitex Gesso White
Liquitex Gesso Clear
Fishnetting
Shells
Co-co Fibre
Paper Clay

1 comment:

  1. wow!!! Blue rub ons???!! I love them!! and this is stunning.. once again.. the layers and details are exquisite.. love it all.. I hope things are well with you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017