Thursday 12 November 2020

XVI Beauty - Dusty Attic Moodboard Inspiration project for November

Hello and welcome Dusty Atttic friends. I hope this post today finds you happy and well. I am back today to share my moodboard inspired project with you. The challenge is open until the end of the month of November. All you need do is to create a little something using Dusty Attic products which has been inspired by the Dusty Attic Moodboard for this month. I have shared the moodboard for you below if you have already not seen it. 


And this is my project XVI.


I feel that this is one of my most favourites of the moodboards for the year. And although this soft palette was where I started it isn't exactly where I ended up. And I think this is definitely what happens to me a lot. And I get asked often why my projet does not always reflect the moodboard. I feel it is a very personal thing. What one may see another may skip over. And although I love the softness of this moodboard somehow my project became a little deeper in colour. But all the same I was very happy with the outcome.




I started out with a round 12 inch canvas which I primed with white gesso just to give it a stark white crisp colour to start off with. I then created some texture using the Dusty Attic Creative Script stencil along with Tim Holtz's Distress Texture Paste and embossing powder. I also gave the background a little colour using chalk paint in the colour of Minnesota Pines. I also added in some white Crackle Texture paste and splatters of Dylusion Ink spray in Linen.


I printed off my photo of my eldest daughter in a low key colour which bought out the apricot of her gorgeous dress she was wearing. I layered the photo up on pieces from 49andMarket's Coral Collage Stacks. Once these were all adhered together I coloured my first piece of Dusty Attic chipboard being the Decorative Frame #5



I coloured this gorgeous frame with Roman Purple chalk paint and sprinkled it while it was still wet with some Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel and then heat set it. I also added a little of the Minnesota Pines chalk paint to the edges of the chipboard too. I cut the piece in half and layered over the top and at the base of my photo. 



My next piece of chipboard to use was the Elegant Pearls. I have used two packs of this piece as I wanted to have more pendants to hang from the base of the photo. These pieces were dressed in chalk paints in varying colours starting off with a Mystic Shadow and then some drybrushing of Desert Warmth which is a softer shade of apricot. I cut the pieces and spread them out as you can see. 




Above you will see a new release piece of chipboard from the Dusty Attic. Oh I really love this new foliage piece. I have used nearly a half of the sheet of this for my project. 


The Foliage #27 was coloured again using chalk paints in the Minnesota Pines and Roman Purple along with a splashing of white gesso to help the colours pop a little more.


You will also see below that I have added in a ATC frame. I used one from the #6 pack which is super pretty. This I coloured in the green chalk paint and added over some Dusty Attic Varnish Crackle.



Below you can see the Dusty Attic piece the Decorative Frame #1. I have used the smaller piece from this pack to give my project some more layers. This piece was dressed in white gesso. You will see that I have made more layers around it using the roman numeral moulds and also some laser cut elements from 49andMarket. I added in some touches of the Roman Purple to the edges of the laser cuts to bring all the colours together.


Finishing off my project I added in some more splashes of the Dylusions Linen and I coloured the backs of some Melange pebbles from Prima Marketing with the Roman Purple Chalk Paint. Over the top of my laser cuts and other elements I added in some shimmer using Star Dust Stickles.













Well that is all from me today. I hope I have helped with some small piece of inspiration to inspire you to play along with this month's Moodboard Challenge. 
Happy Creating.

Tina xx






 

4 comments:

  1. WOWWOW WOW! This is exquisite! everything about this is stunning.. really love this.. I hope things are well with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww thankyou so much Lizzy !! Yes very well here. Just going around and around and around in circles. haha. Big hugs. xo

      Delete
  2. I just have one word AMAZINGLYBEAUTIFULPRETTYLOVELY 💜💜💜

    ReplyDelete

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017