Monday 23 September 2019

"Memories" Maja Design Moodboard Inspiration Creation

Hello and welcome back Maja friends. Today I am here to share my monthly project with Maja Designs papers. And I really couldn’t resist using this months moodboard, as these are my favourite colours! Thank you Marie for the fabulous inspiration.  Have you seen the moodboard yet? Well if not I have added it below for you.
There is still over a week left to enter the challenge if you wish to do so. The monthly winner wins a collection of Maja Designs of their own choice.


And this is my interpretation of the moodboard for September. This is “Memories”.






For my project I have combined two collections to allow for the moodboard. I have used the gorgeous polkadots from Denim and Girls with a sheet of the monochromes in sage and a sheet of 22th of December from the Vintage Frost. All three of these papers were used to create layers in the background of my photo. I love to do this so the interest is bought back to my photo. This photo is from a series of photos that I took a couple of years back. I do love these photos of my girls just caught up in a moment hanging together.







With keeping in line of the colours of the moodboard I have used some handmade moulds and coloured them in a rust and then some acrylic greens to compliment the papers. I have also used some cream flowers from 49andMarket to bring out the polkadots in the background. I added in a distressed doily and also some hand dyed ribbons to compliment the page.


Above you can see the addition of chicken wire. And no this is real. I was lucky enough to come across some miniature chicken wire. I have rusted these pieces which really brings up the added textures in the wires. I have also added in some highlights of bisque to add some of the orange shades from the moodboard. These are only very light but I feel made all the difference to the colours.



And from another angle you can see all the additional flowers in their layers added to the moulds.
Well I hope you have enjoyed my moodboard inspiration today. Please stay tuned for more gorgeous work from our Design Team.







1 comment:

  1. Hi Tina.. How are you!!?? Good I hope.. this layout is stunning, I love all the flowers and layers and paper distressing.. and sweet photo too.. You have done it again.. gorgeous creating!! Enjoy the rest of this week..

    ReplyDelete

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017